Friday, December 10, 2010

Dollhouse at Holiday Time



Today I'm joining Junkin Finds from Linda's blog, A La Carte , http://www.alacarte.blogspot.com/ , and Show and Tell Friday from Cindy's blog,  My Romantic Home,  http://www.myromantichome.blogspot.com/.  Please stop by both of these blogs when you have a few free minutes. You will be so amazed at what you will find! 


Every hobby has its advantages including adding contentment to life.

Dollhouses and miniatures have an added benefit. Whatever a person cannot afford in a "big" house can be purchased for her dollhouse.

The little pink dollhouse in this post came second hand and originally cost $60!  See?  Even dollhouses can be found for  bargain prices. You just never know what you are going to find when you go "junking."  That's why it's so much fun.

Come and take a tour of the little house that is now located in our dining room!

Two little kitties are on the stairs. One is sound asleep. Both wear Christmas ribbons around their necks. And look at all those fancy packages!




 












This is a teeny tiny manger scene, spread out on a knitted "coaster" rug!

                        
            

Here's a closer look at the little gingerbread house I made. Take a look at those candelabra, too!






Oh, oh. Little birdie has a very interested but unwelcome visitor. The lady of the house better keep a close eye on kitty  cat.



Beds with canopies are immensely appealing to me. My husband, however, refuses to sleep with anything situated over his head so canopies are o-u-t.  Consequently, my dollhouse has a lovely canopy bed with a poinsettia "handkerchief" bedspread.















One can add so many intriguing little touches to a dollhouse. Look at the miniature packages with frilly ribbons. Won't some person in the dollhouse just love opening those packages?  Let your imagination soar!





Oh my! Look who's coming to visit the dollhouse family!  Why, it's old St. Nick, himself!





                 
Whoops! We'd better hurry up and put the wreaths in the windows or Christmas will be over!


Hope you enjoy some pictures of my dollhouse on this Christmas of 2010!

27 comments:

Suzann said...

That is so adorable!!
I have a doll house that still needs to be put together :(

Happy Holidays!!!

Suzann

Chatty Crone said...

You made me think of my mother today - she had a doll house too - that was lit and it had everything in it. It was an expensvie hobby, but she loved it.

sandie

Jane said...

I love your doll house. They have really out decorated themselves for the holidays, haven't they?

Jane

Bookie said...

All is sweet but the tiny Nativity is extra amazing.

mo said...

Wow! Susan! What an awsome post. I love the fact you wrote about buying the miniature version saving money! We can all live out our fantasies in our miniature world huh? You have brought back my cobwebbed memories of my days just spending hours at a time immersed in a world I created with my dolls. "I love what you have done with the place." *hugs*

Terri Tiffany said...

I can't believe the detail! Wonderful! A good friend of mine near here, had one too, and she did it up for Christmas as well. I don't think I would have the patience for all that detail.

Susan said...

Your doll house is so cute. so much detail,its unbelievable!

dogsmom said...

What a wonderful look into a different world. Of course I love all the cats.
You made the gingerbread house? Wow
We have a dollhouse made by grandfather but it is not given the attention and honor it deserves. Something I need to remedy.

Angel said...

So cute! Love the manger scene. I visited yesterday and commented on your post but came back today to add myself as a follower. Happy Friday!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What an adorable doll house! I love all the Christmas touches! The cat looking at the bird cage made me smile. Thanks for joining in JFF!!
hugs, Linda

Minnie Kitchen said...

how fun!! lovely dollhouse!

Ms. Bake-it said...

That is too cute! I love that you even have a Nativity set. I love all the special touches you have added to your doll house.

~ Tracy

diane stetson said...

Susan you always outdo yourself...this is fabulous..the pictures are awesome. I love everything about your house. Great Job as ALWAYS..Merry Christmas to the dolls that live in that fabulously decorated house!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow Susan! Your dollhouse is fantastic. I've only ever seen these on tv -- and once on a blog where everything inside was handmade. Absolutely amazing! The work that goes into each tiny little treasure that decorates the dollhouse. So fascinating. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Tammy

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

OhMy!!! Your dollhouse is Fantastic! Such detail in every little room and the Christmas touches are perfect. I've been so tempted so many times when finding the victorian house on sale to start one! Seeing yours renews that 'I Want One'....maybe Santa will bring one this year....HoHoHo!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

SUSAN!!!
Another doll house lover!! I just posted the story of my doll house. Please visit me when you can
http://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/2010/12/home-tour-victorian-doll-house.html

Hugs,
Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Victoria said...

Oh I love it! How fun that must be to play with:) I grew up always having a dollhouse, I bug my husband that he has to make me one!

Barbara B said...

I love your doll house...so pretty...
Barbara

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Susan: I love the doll house. I have always wanted one, some day! I pray you are having a wonderful Christmas season. You are dear friend. Blessings, Martha

LDH said...

I LOVE your sweet little doll house! Every room is so pretty and filled with the cutest miniatures. I always wanted a doll house.

Betty said...

What an adorable doll house. The cats are so cute, and that nativity set is fantastic.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Susan -

Oh, I LOVE your doll house. You have so many original details.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Janet said...

Your dollhouse is probably the prettiest I've ever seen! Such a nice story to go with it!
Blessings,
Janet

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such an adorable dollhouse! I've got mine AND my granddaughters. Think I'll have to decorate them both for next Christmas. Love all the whimsical touches in yours! Truly looks like someone really lives there!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Susan said...

Oh Susan, I just love your doll house. I think they are so magical and wonderful. Little worlds to go and visit and yours is done up so sweet for Christmas. How in the world did you make that tiny little gingerbread house without going blind? lol.... my goodness, it's so tiny and has so much detail. It's just adorable.

Great post. Totally enjoyed visiting with you today.

Blessings to you and yours,
Susan @ CLuckleBees

LDH said...

Hi Susan, Just came across this post about another doll house owner and thought of you. here is the link: http://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

I need to go decorate at least one of ours immediately! How DID you make the gingerbread house? It is precious! And I love the poinsettia coverlet on the canopy bed. All the "touches" combine to make a totally fascinating doll house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails