Where deviled eggs ever got their name is anyone's guess.
They sure are good, though.
They are even a nice, filling snack, between meals.
Last time they were made around here, I followed cooking directions to make the eggshells easy to peel.The eggs were placed in a pan, covered with water, and allowed to boil.
Then they were taken off the heat with the top of the pan put on.
Then, I waited 15 minutes (the directions said 13, but I added two more).
Then, they were drained and covered with ice water.
Honestly, they really were easier to peel than usual.
The way I make them is to slice the eggs, without their shells, of course, in half, removing yolks.
Then, to the yolks, mayo (to taste) is added as well as a squirt of mustard, some finely chopped onions, and salt and pepper.
I just used spoonsful of filling to re-fill the cooked egg whites.
Sprinkle them with paprika.
Since the last batch was being brought to a birthday party, I added some green spinach leaves for contrast and the eggs looked festive.
DO YOU LIKE DEVILED EGGS? IS YOUR RECIPE DIFFERENT FROM MINE?


I've made deviled eggs many times...same recipe that you used. Now though Pavilions sells them a dozen at a time in a container that looks great. When I need to have them for a party lickity split I buy them from there.
ReplyDeleteI love deviled eggs - not sure why I don't make them more. They looked good!
ReplyDeleteYum! Love to eat them and make them. Don't do it often. Use a similar method in preparing.
ReplyDeletelooks scrumptious. yum yum.
ReplyDeleteNo onions here, but a spoon of pickle relish. I also salt and pepper the egg whites. Everyone asks my secret to the delicious eggs. Now YOU know.
ReplyDeleteThey are my youngest's favorite treat! I make mine exactly like yours but with no onion. :) Kit
ReplyDelete