For as long as memory serves, I have always loved getting greeting cards in the mail.
If such an attraction is genetic, then I qualify, because my late mother also adored cards.
The thing is, it has been impossible for me to throw many away.
Yup. That's right, I save them in stacks, according to each holiday, and wrap rubber bands around them.
Some people think that's bonkers but I don't care because I love saving them.
During the past six years, moving several times, there have been moments when I thought all the cards were lost forever.
But recently, while going through plastic bins, I found them again!
So down came the spring and summer paintings and scenes from the bathroom art gallery wall.
They have been replaced with greeting card fronts featuring autumn, Halloween, and Thanksgiving!
I figured that would take care of the next two months.
It makes me happy to see the pretty scenes, plus, the gallery wall didn't cost a cent!
DO YOU DISCARD GREETING CARDS YOU HAVE RECEIVED?

















I think this is great...I too keep every card I get. I can't tell you how many times I have gone back and looked at them over and over again. Not only are the cards special themselves, but it feels good to know that the sender thinks of us..
ReplyDeleteYes I do save my cards for at least a year and then discard them. I especially like to read any messages on them over and over. Your gallery looks great.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat way to display them. I have all of my greeting cards from 1967. Yes in a box.
ReplyDelete