It's important to celebrate the joy of spring, not just on special holidays, but every single day!
Here are a few things I love about spring:
* Sunshine
* Gentle rain
* Flowers of every fragrance, size, and color
* Birdies and their beautiful songs
* Screens on windows to let the fresh air in
* Trips to a farm store where they make ice cream from
nearby Jersey cows
* Barbecues with hamburgers and hotdogs sizzing on the grill,
potato salad, fresh tomato slices, and corn-on-the-cob
* White tablecloths and white bedspread on the couch to lighten
up the living room
* Farmers' markets
* Fresh fruits, especially peaches, and vegetables
* Taking excursions out of town to see new places, especially thrift
stores
* Sitting outside at my daughters, surrounded by gorgeous flowers
hanging from hooks and dazzling the atmosphere from planters
Okay, there are a dozen of things I love about spring!
CAN YOU ADD A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT YOU LOVE ABOUT SPRING?



I love the flowers that bloom like the jasmine in my yard. I love the sunshine that comes out around eleven a.m. after our May gray is over. I love the many monarch butterflies and hummingbirds that are in my backyard. It is a lovely time of year.
ReplyDeleteIce Cream, softball, swimming, ferns, more flowers, vacations, and family time. MY daughters are out for the summer and we spend a lot of time together during the summer months... Very nice list Susan...I am ready for all of it..
ReplyDeleteYou probably know what I'm going to add: after the unpleasant and cold winter days, spring brings the Old Gardener back to her garden: preparations for spring sowing and other garden work begin. That's what makes Jasna the happiest.
ReplyDeleteA quick hello to say I am back at my two blogs. Love your shares, so happy and full of Springtime wonders. Love and hugs across the miles
ReplyDeleteI love your joyful spirit but normally tomatoes, sweet corn and peaches are not available in the spring. I think you are thinking more about summer.
ReplyDelete