Monday, September 28, 2026

The Dollhouse Is Ready for October and November

It's important to have hobbies that bring happiness and joy to the heart and mind.

One of mine is decorating a very old dollhouse that was built by a man, with love and creativity, for his daughter.



A yellowed newspaper article from the 1970s telling all about it, came with the purchase of the house at an estate sale.

After much discussion, my daughter bought the house, complete with adorable lamps throughout, for me.



It's great fun to change the decor of the brightly lighted house to match the season at hand.

Right now, it's October, including Halloween, and November. 



Touches of bright orange cover tables in the house and tiny, spooky decorations vie for the attention of bitsy pumpkins.

If you are looking for a fulfilling hobby that will keep you smiling, a dollhouse just might be in your future. 


I hope you enjoy the photos, taken at night, so they are a tad on the dark side.

DO YOU HAVE A HOBBY THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of your decorated and light filled doll house for fall. Enjoy your special hubby Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, such a beautiful doll house. I love all you have done here, I have not been blogging and am catching up a little, day by day. Thank you for sharing. What a sweet daughter you have too. HUGS & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dollhouse will be so fun to decorate for Christmas, Susan. I can imagine all the lights and decorations that will look so nice for the holiday. I love that little chair with the pumpkin. What a wonderful find your daughter came across at the estate sale. I've always loved miniature things, and I used to have a doll house many years ago that my girls played with. It has been given away since then. I like the yellow color of this house.

    Yes, I do have a hobby that makes me happy.....I love taking pictures, especially of nature, downloading them, and being thrilled when I see them pop up in the picture file. I's always been a joy. And like you, I love decorating.

    ReplyDelete