Saturday, March 21, 2015

Eggs "Grow" on Trees?



How many times have you heard the expression, "Money doesn't grow on trees?"

Growing up, I heard it a lot.  

Of course, by this stage of the game in life, one knows, for sure, that money comes to most people one way------through hard work.


However, nobody can tell me eggs don't "grow" on trees! Well, at least on one Easter tree.

At a yard sale a few years ago, I came across a boxed Easter tree with several decorations and the price was less than $3.00 so it came home with me.

This year, during a special visit,  our little granddaughter's eyes filled with wonder when it came time to decorate the Easter tree.

Oh boy, she had a blast putting the rabbits, carrots and, of course, wooden eggs on the tree.

It's on the table in the front hallway, near some "chocolate bunnies. 

Don't take a bite out of them, though, because you might break your teeth. 

They are made of resin!


The colorfully festooned Easter decoration is proof that eggs as well as carrots and all kinds of other doodads do, indeed, "grow" on a tree and it's not in Brooklyn!



WHAT KINDS OF THINGS DO YOU DO FOR THE EASTER HOLIDAYS WITH CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?

14 comments:

Sandra said...

I remember having one of those Easter Tree's when my boys were young. So cute. And your chocolate bunnies are great too. So much fun to decorate.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely little Easter tree. I miss the days of egg hunts in my Mammaw's backyard. Easter weather was always lovely in Mississippi when I was growing up. And I miss the days of gatherings Easter egg hunts and gatherings here with other expat moms when our kids were little. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

diane.stetson said...

Oh I miss the wonderful Easter egg hunts in my yard when the kids were little. I miss decorating the hard boiled eggs too with food coloring and vinegar. Those were the days! I love your Easter tree..did you get to put eggs outside on your Easter bush yet? I hope so.

Unknown said...

I love your Easter tree, I haven't had one in years.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like your decoration for Easter. I like the egg tree. At Easter I will see holy processions organized by the church. Keep in touch

Nellie said...

We've had such fun with Easter egg hunts! Dyeing eggs is a great opportunity for "creative juices" to begin flowing.:)

Kamyria said...

Your decorations are lovely Susan, I like your Easter tree. Never seen one before. :) I don't really decorate on Easter but I love keeping up with what you're doing.

As to what we are doing on Easter, kids and I usually colour lots of eggs and we have the annual egg hunt in my backyard. And somewhere in between we meet at my parents house for Easter dinner. :)

Kit said...

So cute! Even with my girls in their 30's we still give them Easter baskets full of all the food and items they love. We have a big turkey dinner and we put on an egg hunt for them. :) We love our holidays! Kit

Babs said...

Eggs on the bush outside? And how are we supposed to get to the bysh with two feet of snow to plow through?

Babs said...

Well, i guess ya could put your boots on!

Babs said...

I love hiding the foil wrapped eggs all over the house. EspeciAlly fun when you find one on a picture frame in August.

janice15 said...

Lovely tree really cute. Happy Spring with love Janice

Stephanie said...

Delightful Easter tree, my friend. I remember my mom used to put up something similar around Easter time :) Hugs to you!

Chatty Crone said...

That is so beautiful - I want one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails