Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sunrise, Sunset....




One morning this week, I had to leave the house very early.

It had snowed and the air was frosty cold.

As I trudged to the car, the morning sky caught my attention.

It was so incredibly lovely, very peachy-pink.



Freshly fallen snow frosted the branches a nearby tree.

Then, another night, the sunset was so magnificent that I grabbed my cellphone and snapped a few shots before the sun sunk below the horizon.



Seeing such beauty is truly a gift to the human spirit.

Isn't it funny how the memory of something learned in childhood comes into one's mind many, many decades later?


These words came to mind. It is a saying learned in elementary school, many years ago:

       "Red sky in morning, sailors take warning.
        Red sky at night, sailors delight."

DO YOU EVER CATCH THE SUNRISE OR SUNSET AND JUST ENJOY?

9 comments:

diane.stetson said...

I haven't seen a sunrise in years but I have seen gorgeous sunsets overlooking the Pacific Ocean where I live. Your photos are wonderful. God's work is marvelous.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love both sunrises and sunsets. It's been cloudy here this week so nothing has pretty as your photos. xo Laura

Chatty Crone said...

A resounding yes - I too love that time of day when it is blue with that pink - God is a great artist.

Merlesworld said...

Lacy bare branches and a rose coloured sky they go well together.
Merle.............

Barbara Neubeck said...

... I love sunsets... watching the evening sky change is beautiful.....
...hugs... Barb xxx

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous pics. I like sunsets. Keep in touch

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, your pictures of the sunrise and sunset are so pretty with the pink and purple skies. And the tree with the snow looks lovely. I take pictures of the sunrises more since I'm such an early bird. Everything is still and I enjoy God's beauty all around me.

Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Our sunsets and sunrises have been incredibly beautiful as well, casting a pink tint on the snow. I am so grateful for my eyes when I see this.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I think of that saying so often and it frequently forecasts the weather accurately. Pretty photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails