Sunday, July 16, 2017

Unexpected Friendship


"A JOYFUL HEART MAKES A CHEERFUL FACE." (Proverbs: 15:13)


A little white planter, complete with a perky angel sitting on its rim, waits to be filled with plants.

It sits temporarily on the kitchen counter.

A stuffed kangeroo, left behind by a grandchild, is nearby.

Imagine my surprise when walking into the kitchen and seeing the kangeroo snuggled close to the angel.



Sometimes hubs totally cracks me up.  His inner child is definitely alive and well.

We need to keep smiling.  This life can get quite challenging and difficult.

Seeing things with a lighter touch is good.

WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE AUTOMATICALLY?

11 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So cute! Yes our inner child needs that laughter and big smiles. This gave me one, so thanks!

diane.stetson said...

My grandsons make me smile...especially the youngest one.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a fun gesture that was of your husband's by putting the kangaroo next to the angel. : ) I'd love to see some bright flowers in that white planter. Wouldn't that look pretty?

Have a peaceful Sunday.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

Of course kangaroos and angels are friends! Of course. :)

Linda O'Connell said...

Kangaroo kisses...of course.

Chatty Crone said...

Cute - I thought maybe one of your grandchildren did it.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. Love the Angel and Kangaroo cuddle. Nice of your hubby to do this as a little surprise...
I do this with some of my ornaments.. no one notices but it gives me a smile to set up little scenes ...

Barb xxx

TARYTERRE said...

Love the Angel and Kangaroo together. Looks like a kiss on the forehead to me from one to the other. So sweet.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Instead of kissed by an angel, the angel is kissed by a Roo. :) I smiled a lot at all the little babies and toddlers we saw on our recent trip. They sure are cute and inquisitive. When I see little boys it reminds me of my own boys and how I miss the toddler days. Then again, when those little ones are crying at the tops of their lungs stressing their parents out, my husband and I both smile really big knowing that we no longer have to deal with that part of the baby days. Ha!

agatek said...

It must be friendship ... or maybe love?
:))))) Regards

Donna Volkenannt said...

How sweet! Your hubby sounds like a gem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails