Friday, June 14, 2019

The Delight of Thai Food


Thai food is filled with flavor and a delicious combination of spices and textures.

At a Western Massachusetts restaurant,Vongs, the decor is as appealing as the edible offerings. 

Lighting is low at night as  overhead lights cast a colorful glow.



Wall hangings and art pieces delight the eyes.

The restaurant's summer rolls, filled with fresh, raw carrot strips, cucumber, lettuce, and some seafood are mouth-watering.

They have some kind of leaf in them, too, which might be tarragon but I'm not completely sure of that.

 Dipped in crunchy peanut sauce, the rolls are delectable and best of all, are fresh and not fried.


The shrimp red curry, fragrant with spices, onions, and peppers, defies description.

DO YOU ENJOY TRYING DIFFERENT CUISINES OR DO YOU STICK TO DISHES THAT ARE KNOWN TO YOU?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I have a favorite Thai restaurant where I live also. I especially love the plum wine and Satay with peanut sauce. Enjoy your summer rolls and curry...not two things I would order but I do like Thai food.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Thai is my ultimate favourite. Those fresh summer rolls are yum yum!!

I like trying new things but I can't do the hot spicy dishes anymore.

Now I'm hungry for Thai... :)

Have a good day, Susan!
Brenda xox

Chatty Crone said...

You know I have never gone to that type restaurant - I am kind of a stick in the mud for that kind of thing - but I may give it a whirl.

Babs said...

I am a meat and potatoes gal!

Red Rose Alley said...

I never eat Thai food, but I love Chinese food very much, YUMMY. This looks like a lovely Thai restaurant with different and interesting things to look at. The summer rolls sound delicious. I also love Mexican food, and Italian is my favorite. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails