Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Dawn of a New Year...



The dawn of a new year is upon us.

It's bittersweet to say goodbye to the old year.

So many memories have been made, so many good times and things to be thankful for that it makes one's head spin.



However, to contemplate a new year beginning is exciting. 

What awesome things are ahead? 

 What new adventures and exciting discoveries might we make?

How can we improve our lives?

How can we be better people?

What steps can we take to make this  new year, 2012, the very BEST of our entire lives?



For one thing, I plan to eat more healthy and exercise regularly. Granted, those goals are as old as the hills but they are still good ones.

Raw veggies in all kinds of salads sound good to me after the overload of the holidays. 

Fresh cantaloupe and cereal with blueberries sounds like a good breakfast for a few weeks.




Whatever your plans are for the New Year, may it be a terrific one for you and for all of us.

You, dear reader, are very important to me.

 Did you know that? 

Do you know how welcome you are to this blog every single minute you spend here?


Well, if you didn't know it before, you know it now.

I WISH YOU A BLESSED,  PEACEFUL, AND TERRIFICALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS YEAR?

11 comments:

Alina said...

Hello Susan!
Welcome in New Year !
Wishing You all the best !
To answer Your Q ...Hmmmm
I wolud like to learn Italian,to be able to understand their love song's lyrics...just like I understand English songs,I used to listen back in Poland when I was 15
Bee-Gees,etc...
Well, maybe?
XOXO

Chatty Crone said...

It is usually very hard to say goodbye to the old year sometimes because of all the wonderful things - but then there is the new year to look forward too.

I want to learn to appreciate more the moment I am in.

I wish you a Happy New Year. sandie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I would like to be able to get organized, stay on top of things and rid myself of my procrastinating ways. :) Exercising must be worked back into my life although my ankle is still not 100%. Wanted to go for a walk this morning but hubby says it is way too windy out there. In this country where litter is a big problem, things fly at ya in windy conditions. Can be quite dangerous. Not to mention the sand and dust that flies in your eyes. :/ happy, healthy new year to you and yours, Tammy

AnneMarie said...

Hi Susan
Happy New Year to you! I agree it is exciting (and a bit scary) going into the New Year. I wish you and your loved ones health and happiness (the rest just follows!)xx

Anonymous said...

I look forward to learning a little more about you Susan!
You always have such loving posts! So thoughtfully written....truly aptly name, your blog really is STRAIGHT FROM YOUR HEART!


Ciao Bella



CREATIVE CARMELINA

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Healthy 2012 Susan! I look forward to sharing your journey through 2012!

Wanda

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Happy New Year Susan. I think the one thing I want to learn is self control. Knowing when to push the food away and close the lap top!! Wish me luck.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Happy New Year, Susan! I look forward to sharing your journey in 2012.

Kit said...

What a great day! I always love this first day of the year. With it's ham and potatoes. The taking down of the Christmas tree (sad, but fun to relive all the memories) and football. Hmm, not sure what I want to learn yet. Maybe to like exercise?....LOL Happy Day to you! Kit

diane stetson said...

I have to learn to adjust to this very technical world we live in..laptops, eno boards, kindles and so forth. I hope to learn alot this new year! Happy Happy Healthy New Year to you Susan!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy New Year dear Susan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails