Monday, October 8, 2012

Dinner's Done


Good Monday morning!

The marathon weekend  with guests for dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday is now part of history.

Wanted to share a little bit about Saturday night's dinner. Breakfast on Sunday will be another day. (Hope you don't get too bored. ha!)

Appetizers included these tomato slices with mozzarella cheese, chopped basil and a drizzle of olive oil.



These shrimp with Tabasco-spiked ketchup were pretty yummy, too.



Salad, of course, is always yummy.

 I served bacon-wrapped filet mignon but didn't get a shot of it because it got gobbled up too quickly.

 Guests seemed to enjoy these boiled  baby potatoes in melted butter and lightly salted.


We ate in the kitchen because the dining room table was set for the following day's breakfast.




Grapes were available for after dinner munching as well as pumpkin pie with whipped cream.




WHICH WOULD YOU HAVE CHOSEN?  GRAPES OR PIE WITH WHIPPED CREAM?

15 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Both! Grapes AND pumpkin pie!

Beautiful table! And your menu sounds just delicious!

Linda O'Connell said...

Two slices of pie, one for each hip.

Rebecca said...

If you FORCED me to choose - it'd have to be the pie :)

Chatty Crone said...

Okay that was a wonderful meal - they had to love it.

And are you kidding? PIE!

Karen Lange said...

It looks wonderful! I would have chosen both grapes and pie. :)

Glenda said...

Your table is lovely, and I'm sure everything was delicious!! For those choices, I'd probably start with grapes, just to prove that I could be good, then I'd go back and have pie with LOTS of whipped cream afterward, with the excuse that I didn't want to offend the chef! HA!!

Nellie said...

How lovely, Susan! Oh, dear! How can I choose? Of course, the pie will win out, although the grapes would be the healthier choice. Everything looks very appealing.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm not a pumpkin pie person, so I guess grapes! The food looks so yummy and such a pretty table! Hugs, Linda

Terri Tiffany said...

Oh wow! Everything looks so good! I would love to come to dinner at your house:))
You must tell me someday about your return back to your hometown and how it came about.

Bookie said...

Everything looks so good! The table is so bright and cheerful...LOVE those plates!

The Old Parsonage said...

Nothing better than sharing a great meal with family and friends.

Me? I'd pick the pie and whipped cream!!

Leann

diane.stetson said...

I am an apple pie lover so I'd choose the grapes...pumpkin just isn't my favorite. I'm sure your guests just LOVED everything. It looked delicious.

Carolyn said...

Hi Susan,
I am sure your guests really enjoyed their dinner and visit.
I am happy you got the computer problem fixed.

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Enjoy your week,
Carolyn

Dee said...

Wow you know how to feed your guests...impressive...the answer to your question is definitely Pie.

Anonymous said...

fresh new adult dating site http://loveepicentre.com/ dating rpg sim

Related Posts with Thumbnails