Wednesday, October 2, 2013

All Kinds of Art


Today's post is going to be primarily visual.

It shows art from MassMoCa, a very unique museum in North Adams, Massachusetts.

This is the website of MassMoCa.  Check it out!

It's where you can find lots of information, videos, etc. telling all about the artists, history of the place and so forth.


I just reveled in taking photographs of the amazing things seen on a  visit there this past summer. 

It's a place unlike any other I've ever visited, having previously housed an industry, Sprague Electric Company.

Enjoy!
















 Even the hallway to the theater, shown below, is eye-catching, don't you think?




 These dishes are unique, too:

 

WHAT KIND OF ART DO YOU ENJOY MOST? (For myself, I prefer folk art, Grandma Moses style, as well as florals, such as roses, as well as brightly colored scenes, like gardens and sunrooms!  I'm usually not abstract oriented at all but I still enjoy looking at all kinds of art.)

12 comments:

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Susan,
Oh! I love the creativity of your unique artistic expressions.
Your photos are awesome, Susan.
Thank you for reading and writing
lovely things in my blogs!
Your smile is superb...
Welcome Aboard!
Starry.

Bookie said...

Nice artwork...you must have had a lovely outing that day! I like homey things, pictures with teacups and lace...but right now I am enjoying Western art too.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I thought you would like the family picture!!! I so wonder who I really am and how close I can to not being me. Ah, weird I know.

Rain coming again...real storms by Friday maybe. I enjoyed a perfect weather day for two days now...appreciate them.

Merlesworld said...

I like all sorts of artwork but a lot of modern art I would find it hard to live with.
Merle........ .......... ........

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Fabulous, Susan. Just fabulous!

Linda O'Connell said...

That sure is an interesting place. My friend is an artist and would love this. I will pass it on.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: interesting creations MassMOCA in this event. The dishes are very original. I like colored stars. My favorite works of art are the paintings of seascapes. I like to see the sea ... is very relaxing and inspiring to me. Keep in touch

Nellie said...

Actually, my favorite art is anything that is done by one of our daughters. I also have some Pat Buckley Moss prints that are a favorite, as well as dogwoods that are very popular in our area.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Susan, it seems we were both in an art frame of mind. :) That would be a great place to visit. I love seeing art of all kinds. And love playing around with it, too. Best wishes, Tammy

diane.stetson said...

I'm not a modern art enthusiast but I do enjoy going to art museums...this one is quite unique.

marianne said...

Never have been to Mass Moca; some blustery day in late fall might be a good time to go for a visit. The sunshine and warm temperatures of the last month continue and I don't want to miss any of it.

I,too, am not very moved by abstract art and prefer realistic paintings; I do like sculpture also. Anything colorful appeals to me and I especially like the autumn palette.

Happy October!


Debbie said...

Loved the art! I like most art. I enjoy things that are colored with dark, deep rich color. I have a lot of native american art in my living room.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree - there is a lot of pretty art there. I am not a knowledgeable artist - but I do like to look at it. sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails