Monday, May 9, 2016

Darling Dolly Is a Colorado Beauty, Plus Others




On one trip to Colorado last year, I ducked into a Goodwill thrift store.

In any new area, that's something that's absolutely fun to do.

There wasn't much room in my suitcase for souvenirs so when seeing the dolly at the top of  this post,  she was the perfect size.

Her gown could be wrapped tightly around her and she could fit snugly along the side of a suitcase for the trip home.

She now oversees the dining room comings and goings and looks quite queenly.

The darling doll shown below usually has a white and gold bow in her hair.



However, it was changed for a pink one, to match her spring dress, and it's a pleasure to share her with you.

And this little miss is one of my faves:


She sports a pink bow, too, and was given to me by my sister, Barb.

This adorable doll has been a part of my collection for several years and, hopefully, for many years to come.

DO YOU EVER BRING HOME SOUVENIRS WHEN YOU TRAVEL?

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love those GREEN eyes. A beautiful doll. A great momento of your travels.

Linda O'Connell said...

My late best friends used to collect bisque dolls. This post made me happy remembering. GW is my best friend. We visit weekly.

Karen Lange said...

Lovely! It is amazing what treasures you find, even while vacationing. Have a wonderful week! :)

diane.stetson said...

I don't usually buy dolls but I did buy one when I went to Poland and it sits on the bed in my guest bedroom. She is dressed in her countries outfit so I love it!

Chatty Crone said...

I love how you even changed her bow! You are so sweet. Yes I might bring a souvenir home - but not a doll - something smaller. I like yours tho.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your collection of dolls is sweet, Susan. The last one reminds me of me because she has curly hair. :) My best friend lives in Colorado, and would love to visit someday. To answer your question....the girls travel more than I do, and they always bring me back souvenirs from the interesting places they go to. But even if I go an hour away to a small country town, I always try to bring something back for myself. It's fun to bring home goodies from different places, isn't it?

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails