Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas Decor in the Big Dollhouse


For Christmas, 2016, my biggest gift, both literally and figuratively, was a huge dollhouse.



Hubs made it and my daughter and son-in-law installed lighting and bought lighting fixtures, as well as other items, to make the house a home.

Somehow, the year flew by and plans to make curtains, order wallpaper and so on never happened. 


Pretty soon, this past  Christmas was almost here and the big dollhouse remained unfinished.

It got decorated anyway!



Today's photos show the dollhouse living room.

Other rooms will be shown in upcoming posts so if dollhouses interest you, come on back!



The two dozen pink bows on the living room Christmas tree were not fun to make. 


 I thought my fingers would be permanently altered but they weren't. 

In the end, all the efforts were worthwhile, as the little tree with white lights turned out to be quite pretty.




My niece gave me the rose-covered fainting couch and the house's small, really small animals, have been collected throughout the years.


The living room even has a flickering fireplace, found in a plastic bag filled with miniatures that was purchased at an estate sale last summer.


 Hope you like the photo tour of the big dollhouse living room.

DO YOU ENJOY THE MINIATURE WORLD?

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

LOve the house. It's charming. my favorite part is the pretty fireplace. also that tree you spent so much hard work on.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I enjoy seeing what you and Claudia (Mockingbird Hill Cottage) do with your dollhouses.

Chatty Crone said...

LOVE your dollhouse.
LOVE your Christmas tree - I know that had to be a lot of tedious work.
LOVE the fluffy dog too.

Happy New Year.
sandie

diane.stetson said...

You are wonderful making and displaying your doll house miniatures. I know you get endless enjoyment out of those doll houses and I'm sure your littlest guests do too.

Linda O'Connell said...

At first glance it appears to be a real home with wood paneling. Such fun. happy New Year to you and yours.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...


Susan,
O my!! What a treasure!! And your hubby made it for you to boot!! WOW!! I am jealous that you have lighting!! That is the one thing i wish i had in my doll house... Looks lovely!!
Hugs,
Deb

Linda said...

Beautiful!!
It brings to mind my favorite miniature world - the Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle at the Science & Industry Museum in Chicago. If you've never seen it, you should at least check it out online - google it. It's incredible!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails