Monday, September 24, 2018

Delicious Luncheon Treats




One of our family's traditions is to take the birthday "boy" or "girl" out to lunch of his or her choice.

This year, for my September birthday, three of my sisters took me out to a restaurant that added one of my absolute favorite luncheon offerings to the menu, namely, fried fat-belly clams.

Oh my goodness, what a delightful bit of news that was!

Also ordered was a truly delectable salad with my favorite dressing, blue cheese.

This little bit of culinary heaven was, without a doubt, my favorite unwrapped birthday gift.



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO ORDER FOR A LUNCH OUT ON THE TOWN?

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

fried fat-belly clams sound like the perfect birthday treat.

Linda O'Connell said...

My dear deceased New England friend loved these clams. My hubby trued them right before we headed out on a whale watch and was sick for three days. It is the simple pleasures with family that make life memorable.

diane stetson said...

I almost always order French Dip....as I love roast beef. However when I am in New England I love to order a lobster roll or steamed clams. Fried I used to love when I was younger but my stomach doesn't care for friend foods anymore. So happy you had a nice birthday lunch.

Chatty Crone said...

Boy that blue cheese had a lot of wonderfully big chunks in it - looked delicious.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice outing you had with your sisters, Susan. I didn't realize they were all in the same area. Blue cheese dressing reminds me of my dad, he used to love it....and so do I. Your salad looks Yummy!

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails