Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Red Has It!


Red dishes would be perfect for Valentine decorating was the recurring though that wouldn't quit.

The heart-covered quilt-turned-tablecloth and heart-covered placemats had already been placed on the kitchen table.


Red dishes would be a great addition.

So where would be the best place to find them?


During a visit to a thrift store, of course, would be the perfect answer.

                                 (A heart-covered Valentine kitchen dish towel)

Scanning the dish ware at a Goodwill thrift store, there, in all their sizzling red glory, were three heavy dishes....just three, not a whole set. Two will be used on a daily basis.




Two were made in Spain and one in Germany.

All cost less than $2 each.



They will be lovingly used right up to Valentine's Day and beyond.

HOW DOES THE COLOR RED MAKE YOU FEEL?

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I would like it for February - not so sure about all year long! Your table is pretty tho.

Linda O'Connell said...

If you come to our town I can take you to five Goodwill stores. My favorite place to shop right after Christmas because everyone donates unwanted gifts and also good stuff (for tax deductions). We would go on a shopping spree.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love the color RED. I notice every year many of my Valentine stuff is Red. Your table for two looks so lovely, Susan. And I like the fact that the quilt was used as a table cloth, very clever. Oh Susan, I had a whole set of Red dishes that I gave away. If only I knew you liked them. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails