Saturday, February 16, 2019

Great Joy to Get Greeting Cards


Despite many people now sending "cards" via email, millions of dollars are still spent on greeting cards, especially on Valentine's Day.



If it's old-fashioned to send cards, then call me Methuselah's wife.  


Greeting cards definitely bring me joy.

Believe it or not, cards around here are saved.


So, if only a few come into the mailbox, never fear. 


There is a stash of each holiday ready to be pulled out and placed in the hall table card holder.


However, this year a  lot of cards came in the snail mail so I did the Valentine happy dance!

DO YOU LIKE GETTING GREETING CARDS? DO YOU SEND THEM?

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You are extremely thoughtful!

TARYTERRE said...

i love greeting cards too. we've accumulated so many throughout the years we no longer have a place to store them.

diane stetson said...

Love sending cards and love getting them. Got over sixteen for my birthday this year and I usually save them for a whole year.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wish I could send and receive mail. I can't believe this country's postal system is so corrupt. For sure mail arrives, but it doesn't always get to the recipient. 5 pieces of personal mail to me never arrived and that was a year and a half ago. Very disappointing. Have a fabulous Friday and weekend. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Linda O'Connell said...

I keep all of our greeting cards, too. Yesterday we received an e card which had all sorts of fun interactive things to make flowers bloom into a bouquet. That was different and fun.

Dawn said...

Enjoying cards runs in my family. My grandmother saved all her cards and I was lucky enough to receive them. I'm a novice card maker so enjoy making and sending them. Always to to receive some in return.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I love getting cards and love sending them. I just got a Starbuck's gift card in the mail today from dear Jess and Francesca, and enjoyed my morning treat even more. And how special that you keep them. I got so many throughout the years, that one day I went through them all and had to leave some behind. Some I kept, and will treasure always. I'm so glad to know someone who still loves to send cards in the mail, Susan.

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

Oh! I remember your card holder. I sent you a holiday postcard many years ago. My late mom always saved holiday cards and it was fun to display them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails