Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Delicious Deviled Eggs


Where deviled eggs ever got their name is anyone's guess.

They sure are good, though.  

They are even a nice, filling snack, between meals.

Last time they were made around here, I followed cooking directions to make the eggshells easy to peel.

The eggs were placed in  a pan, covered with water, and allowed to boil.

Then they were taken off the heat with the top of the pan put on.

Then, I waited 15 minutes (the directions said 13, but I added two more). 

Then, they were drained and covered with ice water. 

Honestly, they really were easier to peel than usual.

The way I make them is to slice the eggs, without their shells, of course, in half, removing yolks.

Then, to the yolks, mayo (to taste) is added as well as a squirt of mustard, some finely chopped onions, and salt and pepper.


I just used spoonsful of filling to re-fill the cooked egg whites. 

Sprinkle them with paprika.

Since  the last batch was being brought to a birthday party, I added some green spinach leaves for contrast and the eggs looked festive.

DO YOU LIKE DEVILED EGGS? IS YOUR RECIPE DIFFERENT FROM MINE?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

I've made deviled eggs many times...same recipe that you used. Now though Pavilions sells them a dozen at a time in a container that looks great. When I need to have them for a party lickity split I buy them from there.

Chatty Crone said...

I love deviled eggs - not sure why I don't make them more. They looked good!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Yum! Love to eat them and make them. Don't do it often. Use a similar method in preparing.

TARYTERRE said...

looks scrumptious. yum yum.

Linda O'Connell said...

No onions here, but a spoon of pickle relish. I also salt and pepper the egg whites. Everyone asks my secret to the delicious eggs. Now YOU know.

Kit said...

They are my youngest's favorite treat! I make mine exactly like yours but with no onion. :) Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails