Monday, June 24, 2019

Flowers As Precious Gifts


One of the greatest gifts a person can receive is that of sight.



There are so many fabulous things to see in this world.

Among the best of them are flowers.

When word came of my husband's sister being very ill, an immediate thought was to send her flowers while she was still alive.


We did just that and her daughter said her mother loved the colorful blooms.

This past weekend, my sister-in-law made the Big Trip to the other realm of life.

While sadness tugs at our hearts, we are very happy that  we had sent flowers while she still lived.


Now, a bouquet of beautiful yellow, red, and apricot-colored roses, along with gerber daisies, sits in the middle of the kitchen table.

They were a gift to her grieving father from our daughter.


Our son and his wife sent more flowers to the family of his aunt.

 Flowers help to soothe the soul.

DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO WOULD ENJOY A GIFT OF FLOWERS?




5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I do think there are a lot of people who would enjoy flowers - what is hard is when you are on a limited budget - I do have to agree with you - they were simply gorgeous and I am so glad you sent them to her when she could appreciate them. I am sorry for your loss. Sandie♥

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your sister-in-law, Susan. It's nice that you gave her flowers. The ones on your kitchen table are so lovely, and look nice in the blue vase. And they look like Summer. I think everyone appreciate flowers. They are nature's gift to us.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh dear, Iam offering my condolences. To think you provided her with joy in her last days with your gift of flowers. Flowers are nature's precious gifts.

diane stetson said...

I think flowers are always appreciated no matter who they are for or who sent them . I love looking out on my patio at the blooming flowers each and every day. Love the roses you got.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, that is Francesca munching down watermelon. She's getting picky with her foods lately, but she LOVED the watermelon. I'm craving it now haha.

Have a blessed week.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails