Monday, December 30, 2019

A Yummy Holiday Appetizer


A really yummy appetizer for a holiday gathering this year was a tomato/mozzarella Christmas tree!

Because of a glut of sugar-laden treats consumed around-the-clock, thought I'd take my daughter's suggestion and make the cheese, tomato, and basil salad.

It's sprinkled with balsamic vinegar right before serving.

Honestly, I wondered if it looked like a Christmas tree since that was my intent.

Most people said it did and gobbled it up!

Tomato/mozzarella/basil salad is usually made in the summer when tomatoes are plentiful.

However, this worked with smaller tomatoes, too.

I had a heck of a time finding fresh basil and went to two different supermarkets before finding it!  Yippah. A mini-Christmas miracle!

A precious niece hosted Christmas Eve dinner and everything she made was luscious.

It made my heart merry to know people like the tomato/cheese "tree"  appetizer, too.

DO YOU MAKE THIS SALAD?

5 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

What a delightful way to abstain from sugar and indulge in yummy veggies and cheese. It looks like a tree!

diane stetson said...

It looks like a tree for sure. I do not care for basil or cheese so I would rather have a regular salad but good for you making something healthy for the party.

Chatty Crone said...

It looks like a delicious tree to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlesworld said...

Often, tomato and basil always good together.
Merle..............

Patti said...

That looks delicious! I really love caprese. I make little snack jars of it. Chop up a tomato, slice some fresh basil, cut up a mozzarella stick, throw in a couple green olives, and top it all off with a bit of balsamic. They stay fresh in the frig for about 5 days, so I make up several at a time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails