Saturday, January 11, 2020

New Use for a Gorgeous Curtain Panel


Lace comes in every available design and pattern.

When I saw a piece of lace in a thrift store, draping it across the kitchen table came to mind.


I bought it for a few dollars, brought it home, washed it, and then realized something.

It was a curtain panel rather than a table cloth.  


Who cared?  Not me.

 It looked, and continues to look,  absolutely lovely on the kitchen table since the Christmas cloths have now been retired.


There is nothing as beautiful as lace in the afternoon sun, whether framing a window or covering a table.

(That little thing to the right of the bowl of grapes is the world's smallest gingerbread house.) 

DO YOU ENJOY THINGS MADE FROM LACE?  DO YOU HAVE ANY LACE IN YOUR SURROUNDINGS?

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You cannot tell it is a window panel - I would not have know. I love lace for you - but I am not into lace for me.
God be with you!
sandie

diane stetson said...

I only have one window curtain made of lace. Our neighbors are so close that I like lined drapes on all my windows.. Great find for your kitchen table Susan. I also love the tiny gingerbread house.

Red Rose Alley said...

That looks so lovely on your table, Susan, and white is perfect for the new year. You find the best things at the thrift stores. I just went there the other day. Isn't it fun browsing around at old treasures? I love the tiny gingerbread house too. ; )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails