Monday, January 27, 2020

The Beauty of Self-Care

Have you ever bought a present for a special person for no reason, even if that special person is you?

Part of self-care is being good to one's self.

Now that is an alien concept to many women.

We are used to being good to our boyfriends, husbands, kids, grandkids,  parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and so on.

But being good to ourselves?  Not so much.

Then, one day recently, while at the supermarket, I saw hyacinth plants that had not yet bloomed.

One was wrapped in deep pink paper, my favorite color.

There was no indication what color it would be because the flower was still tightly closed.

Anyway, I bought it, brought it home, watered it, and waited.

The flowers are now starting to open and they are pink!

The fact this lovely flower turned out to be a gift to me from me, makes me happy!

WHAT WOULD YOU BUY FOR YOU AS A SPECIAL TREAT?


2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well I think I would go get a tea and donut - lol.
Be sure to be good to yourself too.
sandie

diane stetson said...

Glad you are being good to yourself Susan. I never buy myself flowers...I like to eat out as I rarely do that ..so that would be my treat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails