Tuesday, March 24, 2020

"Matryoshka" Beauties


Russian Matryoshka dolls are quite fascinating.

They are often brilliantly colorful and detailed.


During all these extra hours at home, it has been possible to move around collections-----anything to avoid even a moment of boredom.

It also helps to take our minds off, even for a few moments, of what is happening with the frightening corona virus.



The top of the white supply cabinet in an upstairs bathroom has now become a meeting place for a colorful collection of matryoshka dolls.


There's even a plaque that has been hung on a nearby wall and the plaque contains more matryoshkas!


And one final thought------a saying that stands all the time on the cabinet that has an important reminder:



WHAT DO YOU DO DURING THIS TIME FOR A LITTLE BIT OF FUN IN YOUR LIFE?


4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

The one doll in the top photo - has the most gorgeous dreamy eyes.

For some reason I don't have spell check for my writing on blogs anymore - ?

Let's see - what am I doing for fun - fun nothing - but to get my mind of things I have discovered The Incredible Dr. Pol. He is a small and large vet in Michigan and it is extremely interesting. I could almost deliver a cow!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love your collection of Matryoshka dolls. xo Laura

diane stetson said...

I only have one of those kind of dolls that I bought when I was in Poland. The grandsons love to open her up when I see them.
I played the piano for over an hour the other day. Love to play ..helps to make me smile.

Laurel Wood said...

Your collection of dolls and the painting are exquisite. I love playing with my China, silver etc. rearranging the shelves they are displayed on. I also love working in the flower garden and taking a walk. Just in the past two months, three blog friends have lost their husbands to COVID and I lost one college friend. So very sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails