Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Few Signs of Spring!

Yay.

A mini-sea of bluish purple perennial flowers is blooming at the end of our driveway.


They also line both sides of our front walkway since hubs planted them last year.

They are the first brave little ones to push themselves up through the frozen earth to see the light of day.


There's a stalwart crocus as well.  

Her single bloom is aimed toward the sky.


If she could talk, she'd probably say,
 "Hello sun. It's me. Crocus. I was sick of hunkering down in the cold, dark earth. I love being free and looking at the sun!"


These early flowers signify the hope of better things to come.

NAME ONE THING THAT BRINGS YOU HOPE. WILL YOU SHARE THIS WITH US BECAUSE WE ALL NEED HOPEFUL THINGS RIGHT NOW.

7 comments:

Kit said...

Hope. What makes me hopeful is other good humans. I find with each day people are trying to help others. Little kindnesses. On Easter sunday as I drove to drop off Easter baskets, folks that were outside would yell, Happy Easter! It was lovely. Take care my friend. 💕 Kit

Chatty Crone said...

Those stalwart crocus's are gorgeous and one of my favorite colors.

Hope - no matter what happens I do know where I am going.

Linda O'Connell said...

I am excited to see one of my plants that I though I lost last year, is blooming and flowering. A cold snap might do it in, but for today I am thrilled.

diane stetson said...

Listening to songs that carry hope as a theme does it for me. I am so grateful for GOD giving me ears to hear and eyes to see the signs of spring. We will survive this crisis and be better people for it.

Red Rose Alley said...

Those are the prettiest purplish blue flowers, Susan. So nice of your husband to plant them for Spring. They are popping up at just the right time. For me right now, the world is spinning, but I try to remain in peace and hope by saying the Rosary and getting a bit of sunshine, even if it's just down the street. Sunshine is good for the body and mind.

Stay safe and well, dear friend.

~Sheri

SImple and Serene Living said...

The first signs of spring are always so wonderful. xo Laura

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Did you know that your pictures are disappearing??? So are mine! Apparently happening on Blogger hosted blogs...
Hugs,
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails