Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Getting an Early Start

In a year that has been less than happy, hopefully,  Christmas is going to be a saving grace.

Little by little, some of the fall decor has been scooped up and put away, and bits and pieces of Christmas decor have come down from the attic.

A hand-carved Guatemalan hutch in a corner of the dining room holds the major part of a Santa collection.

It was joyous to once again put out the familiar Santa Claus figures. 

 Some of them have the year they were acquired written on the bottoms.

Now, we have a rather dapper cat named Martin who is staying with us for awhile.

Would you believe that he almost lived up to the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat?"

He took a flying leap to the top of the hutch after I filled it and almost knocked over several Santas.

That was a moment of great restraint and Susie was not a happy camper.

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR DECORATIONS SAFE FROM PETS?



7 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

When grandchildren were babies, I wrapped my shelf with figurines with Saran Wrap. Martin looks like he knows he should not. A SQUIRT BOTTLE OF WATER deters cats. A spritz will send him scampering.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Nice Santa collection. Jingles used to knock over our small Christmas tree all the time. Kitties are always up to something in their younger years. I miss having her sitting here beside me. Martin is a very handsome boy.

diane stetson said...

That cat had to jump high to sit there . He looks like he wants to be in the picture too. Love your Santas. Keep up the good work decorating for the upcoming holidays.

Chatty Crone said...

Nice collection Susan - what will you do? That is tough. I remember Honey cat.

Babs said...

Martin is naughty. Jim Bob brought me a dead mouse at the bottom of my chair this morning. I would rather have Martin jumping!

Babs said...

P S. I think your attitude towards Christmas IS BERY HOPEFUL. The first year I couldn’t even lift a finger to decoraye. You Are doing great.

Nellie said...

Oh, yes! Martin will be sure to bring entertainment and horror to your days! You have a wonderful collection!

Related Posts with Thumbnails