Saturday, November 7, 2020

Oh Baby(ies), an Obsession with Dolls

 

It has been said that things loved in childhood remain in our hearts forever.

That's definitely true for dolls and 'yours truly'.

Dolls were among the happiest memories of my childhood.


As an adult, a doll collection became a slight (?)  obsession.

It could have been worse, of course.  I mean, there are not dolls in every room of the house.


 

The lovelies collected are all sweet and cherished and, here's the glitch, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to let them go.

So when space gets tight, they are just separated and moved around.

WHAT IS SOMETHING FROM YOUR OWN CHILDHOOD THAT IS STILL A PART OF YOU TODAY?


4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like the doll sucking her thumb - I have never seen that before. Nice collection.

diane stetson said...

Oh I remember your obsession with dolls and the house Dad made for them. I do not have anything from my childhood.....just the love of books and reading and my faith.

Red Rose Alley said...

It's always a pleasure to see your doll collection, Susan. I love dolls too, especially cloth dolls. But to answer your question, my Barbie from childhood is still a part of me today. It is tucked away with a few other treasures that my Mom gave me. I only had one Barbie, but I loved her, and I would play with a neighbor friend and share all her Barbie clothes and accessories - hours of fun. Your bride doll is beautiful. They must all bring you joy around your home.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

I could certainly get caught up in the collecting of dolls, but I haven't. I see darling ones at thrift shops and always think of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails