Friday, January 8, 2021

Through the Pink Looking Glass

 

A self-discovery journal is a very handy thing to have.

On the suggestion of Sarah Breathnach, author of "Simple Abundance," such a journal materialized around here several years ago. 

As a matter of fact, it was so much fun cutting magazine  images of appealing things, several scrapbooks throughout the years were filled.

One item clipped and pasted happened to be a kind of hanging stained glass piece that would look gorgeous in a window.

Then, one day, while driving down a street where a consignment shop was located,  a glance in a window just about floored me.

There hung the exact piece that had been pasted in the journal.

Going into the shop, the piece was affordable so it was purchased.

Just this past holiday season, the glass piece was moved from an enclosed side porch to a small, funky bathroom window and the results are pleasing, don't you agree?

 

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very pretty Susan. I have never kept a journal.

Linda O'Connell said...

That really is attractive! I saw a ceramic doll that I almost bought for you. Little doll dressed in pink. Stop by sometime.

Red Rose Alley said...

That pink stained glass piece is gorgeous, Susan. It looks so pretty with the sun coming through the window. I love stained glass. I made it up to the mountains, dear friend. Thank you for your prayers. All is well, and I'm safe and sound. I live in lovely and peaceful surroundings with the woods at my front door.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails