Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Goodwill Haul

 

While thrift store shopping has taken a back seat lately, due to re-occurring thoughts of downsizing, a couple hours on the weekend turned out to be a diversion.

It was a solo trip so it was possible to go leisurely and stay as long as I wanted.

 Want to see a few of my treasures?

The best one was a Talavera patterned, very large vase with a top.

It's as pretty as they come and was only eight bucks.

Also got a few Pampered Chef glass food storage containers with snap-on tops.

 

The canning jar lids will be perfect for jams to be made this summer from fresh fruit. Peach is among my faves.

 Two Polish coffee mugs are just adorable,too.  I think of my maternal grandparents' homeland and get nostalgic for the land they left so early in life. 

They never returned or saw their parents again.

There are bargains galore in thrift shops and Sunday's jaunt was no exception.

 WHAT SOLO ACTIVITY DO YOU LIKE TO DO FOR FUN?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, the glass containers will come in handy. Those are a good find. You know how much I love those Polish cups. Mine broke and was looking around for another one. They can be quite expensive. I like the one on the right that you found. I've always thought that the size and weight on these Polish cups are perfect to drink out of. I miss my old one. It's always fun to see the things you find at your Goodwill outings, Susan, and I appreciate you sharing them with us. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Very practical and pretty treasures you found this last trip to a thrift store Susan. I know you will enjoy them or gift them to others.

Linda O'Connell said...

I think of you every time I see Polish table ware. You did good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails