Thursday, September 9, 2021

The Season of Amber

It's not quite autumn yet but amber glass is already up on the kitchen window sills.  

Amber is such a calming color and reminiscent of autumn foliage.


It's always a joy to lift each piece out of its storage bin, wash it in hot, sudsy water, let it dry, and put it on the sills. 


Love it!


 All of the pieces in this amber glass collection were picked up at yard and estate sales or in thrift shops!



WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE HISTORY OF AMBER GLASS?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I do not know anything about the history of amber glass but I did see lots of amber jewelry when I went to Poland. I came back with a lovely amber cross. Your collection is very pretty especially in the fall.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

All I know is your amber glass collection is so sparkly and super gorgeous!

Nellie said...

I know absolutely nothing about amber….nor of the lovely blue you featured yesterday! I am partial to blue, though amber glass is a most appropriate collection to display in the autumn!

Red Rose Alley said...

You have quite a collection of amber glass, Susan. And a long window sill to put them on. Yes, amber reminds me of Fall too. Enjoy all your amber pieces, Susan. They looking charming lining your window sills when you look out your kitchen window. : )

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

I envy allof your display space. Mine is limited, so even when I see soemthing appealing, I pass it by. Have a great weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails