Thursday, December 30, 2021

Katrina

 Meet Katrina.

If her arrival in our house had been planned, she never would have made it through the front door.


 While I love dolls, as well as cookbooks, they have not been on my shopping list for quite some time.

They are acquired only if they are free or will be given away as a gift.


 But every so often, the urge to do a teeny tiny bit of recreational shopping at a Goodwill thrift store jumps into my head and screams very loudly.

So when I saw Katrina, sitting alone on a dreary thrift store shelf, she really got my attention.

 She was a totally lovely little thing. 

Made in West Germany, she was inscribed behind her neck.

 She made it with me to the cash register and cost less than $10. LESS THAN $10.  Merry Christmas to me!

Since then, she's been scrubbed and shampooed and her clothes have all been nicely washed.

Welcome, little Katrina. That's a name I gave her.

 IF YOU WERE GOING TO DO SOME RECREATIONAL SHOPPING, WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK FOR?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Katrina is so pretty, Susan, and she looks so real. She has such a sweet face, and coming all the way from Germany. I'm glad she can settle in with the other dolls. Sometimes we just have to do that recreational shopping, and I think this one was meant for you. I've been wanting to go to the antique/home shop in my town to see if they have anything new. Katrina is a good name for your precious doll. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

What a nice addition to your doll collection Susan. I love the name too. She's very pretty.

Write from the Heart said...

Right now I shop for sweaters, as we have gone from temperatures int he 70s to single digits. I do enjoy frequenting the Goodwill store. happy new year dear Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails