Friday, January 21, 2022

A Favorite Collection: CRANBERRY GLASS

A long time ago, my late mother bought the very first piece of cranberry glass for me.

It's a deep, rich pink glass that is mixed with molten gold. 

Receiving that gift was thrilling. 


Along the Cape of Massachusetts, one will definitely find hundreds of pieces of this coveted, beautiful glass on gift store shelves.

After Mummy gave me that first piece, a collection was definitely born.


 Throughout the decades, others have presented me with cranberry glass pieces as gifts.

Many pieces have been found on thrift store shelves, the former owners apparently unaware of the glass's value.


 Today, the personal collection has reached its limit and there is very little room for more pieces. (Sigh...)

For Valentine's Day this year, many pieces of cranberry glass have been assembled on the top of the fireplace mantel and more on top of the tv cabinet. 

White angel figure have been added, too.


 It's fun to arrange the glass pieces differently. 

One, for example, now sits atop a glass plate held up by gold-toned angels!  So pretty!


 No doubt about it, cranberry glass is among my absolute favorite collections.


 WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR OWN FAVORITE COLLECTIONS, IF ANY?

8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful collection. I'm a fan of cobalt blue. Warm wishes.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, your mantel looks so pretty with all the cranberry glass. I think the little white angels adds something special, and gold mirror above is a nice addition to too. Your Mother started the first piece of your wonderful collection. It is perfect to bring it out for Valentine's Day. And as I was telling we have similar tastes, would you believe I had a tv cabinet just like that, but it was longer. : )

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

You are an amazing interior decorator. My blog is back!

diane stetson said...

Earthquake country ...no glass collections for me. Yours is very pretty.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! You have an amazing collection of cranberry glass!! Absolutely beautiful!! I love it all!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Debbie

BECKY said...

So pretty! I have a couple of pieces of pink depression glass. They've been packed away for a few years, though, because of moving around quite a bit, and I'm really not sure if I'll keep them. There's no place for many knick-knacks in our home now. These belonged to my maternal grandma and I'm a sentimental person...I'll see if any family members might want them. (My new thing, since I'm organizing and decluttering and donating, is to take photos of items I have and love, and then I can remember them that way!

Anonymous said...

I love the glass, color is so beautiful.


Sophia

Anne M Robinson said...

Stunning collection of cranberry glass! So perfect for Valentine's Day. I think my Precious Moments collection is my favorite. I have little stories behind each piece. You have a lovely collection. Love those cherubs and angels too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails