Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Scratchy Towels to Soft

 The white towels in the linen closet started feeling very scratchy.

Granted, they had not been recent purchases. 

But they had been washed a lot, in nice, hot water, and always dried with fabric softener.

Why, in heaven's name, had the towels become so darned uncomfortable?

In the general scheme of things, scratchy towels is not a huge problem or something to get a migrane over.

But it's nice to use towels that are nice and fluffy and gentle on the skin.

Luckily,  I read an article about soap build-up contributing to scratchy towels.

One method of softening them, the article noted, was to wash them as usual.

Then, run them through the washing machine a second time without detergent but adding a cup of white vinegar.

I tried it and it worked!

So the purpose of writing about it in this post was to share the secret with you, my blog peeps. 

It's nice to have soft, gentle-to-the-touch towels again, because buying new ones is not in the budget at the moment.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP TOWELS AND CLOTHING SOFT?

5 comments:

Terra said...

Oh friend, this is a brilliant tip I will try in future. Towels that are soft and fluffy are a treat.

Nancy's Notes said...

Sure enough, I did that too and it worked! It's amazing, isn't it? Great post, Susan!

diane stetson said...

Never heard of it but I sure am going to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Nellie said...

Vinegar!! The solution to many housekeeping questions! I love soft, fluffy towels!

Red Rose Alley said...

I chucked at your post because you should see my towels. I have a few nice ones, but I wash towels so often that some are falling apart at the seams haha. And like you, it's not in the budget for new towels, so we'll have to wait. It's nice that you found a way to make your towels nice and soft again. Thanks for the tip, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails