Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasseled Lampshade


 

Every once and awhile in life, we come across something for the home that just tugs at the heart.

Sometimes we don't even know why an object strikes our fancy.

We just like it. It appeals to us.

Tasseled lampshades have that effect around here.  

 There's something about Victorian objects that just attract me like a nail to a magnet.

Such is the case of a pink tasseled lampshade on a brass lamp base.

It currently sits on a small child's rocking chair in a bedroom.

The lamp has been with me now for many years and has survived major moves, as well.

I suspect it will be with me for the duration. 


WHAT IS ONE THING IN YOUR OWN LIFE THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO DESIRE TO PART WITH?

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

I can see why you do not want to part with that lamp. First you love Victorian things and second it has your favorite color tassels. Enjoy it !

Red Rose Alley said...

I remember this special lamp of yours, Susan. I know how much you love it. I've always loved tasseled lamp shades as well. It fits perfectly on the child's rocking chair.

My china cabinet has been with me through every move, and I imagine it will stay with me through the years. And a painting of a lady smelling the roses is one of my favorites too. Reminds me of my mom.

There's just some things we can't part with, huh?

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails