Monday, March 13, 2023

Floral Pitcher, Just in Time for Spring

 Few things get my heart beating faster than pink roses, either real, faux, or painted on something.

So while perusing a Salvation Army Thrift Store with a dear friend, a small green pitcher with thin gold-colored outlines screeched for me to stop and pick it up from the shelf.


 Guess what was on the sides of it?  

Yes, there were beautifully painted pink roses.

 The word "Madeleine" was on the bottom of it, along with the words "Hand Painted" in gold tone.


 

It cost $3.99.

When I see a small pitcher or any other kind of container, my mind always immediately envisions what kinds of flowers would look best in it.

Shall it be baby's breath?  Pink roses?  White daisies? Yellow mums?

With the little thrift store pitcher, there was no need to guess.  

There were the pink roses on two sides of the pitcher so more pink roses placed inside of it would look splendid.

The pitcher cost $3.99.

 Once purchased and back home, I added pink roses to the pitcher and yes, it looks very lovely. 

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MADELEINE CHINA IS MADE SOLELY IN ENGLAND?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, that is one of the prettiest vases I've seen, I LOVE IT! What a great find at the thrift store! I love the green color, the gold trim, the pink rose, everything about it. I'm so glad you came across this while out shopping one day. It really is gorgeous!

~Sheri

diane said...

Very pretty find. I know you love the color pink and hand painted makes it special. Great price.

Linda O'Connell said...

That is a gorgeous pitcher. I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails