Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Lunch by the Lake



While visiting my sister, Diane, in Southern California in May, we went to the Mexican restaurant, Hacienda, by Lake Mission Viejo.

Diane knows how Mexican food is an all time favorite of mine (but not hers).  



Hacienda chefs delivered totally authentic and mouth-watering cuisine.

My cheese enchilada, beans, and rice tasted fabulous. 

So did the chips and salsa.

The margarita made the afternoon a quick trip to paradise and back.






Because Diane loves soup, she was able to down a bowl of delicious tortilla soup.

We sat on an open patio overlooking the lake. 

Consequently, a visit there takes care of almost all of the senses.  

Not only does one catch whiffs of delicious Mexican food, they can taste it, too.  

On a lovely open side porch with tables and chairs, we looked  out over the lake. 

Party boats drifted by and the faraway sounds of laughter were positive proof there were happy people out there.

When I hear of people being happy, it makes me happy, too!



The fountain on the upstairs patio (shown at top of this post) definitely was a treat for the eyes. 

What a delightful afternoon we had!

DO YOU THINK A NICE ATMOSPHERE IN A RESTAURANT HELPS YOU TO LIKE IT MORE?

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Great photos Susan. I enjoyed reading this blog very much.

Red Rose Alley said...

The Mexican restaurant sounds delicious, Susan, and what a view of the lake! You know, I love Mexican food too, and there's none like it than So Cal. When I was in Claremont, me and Nel visited a little taco place, and it was the best tacos I've ever had. That's a cool photo of the boat on the water too. So glad you had a good time and enjoyed Yummy food. That salsa looks great!

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails