Sunday, October 22, 2023

Enriching Symbols



The picture of the Blessed Mother in today's post sat in my late husband's mancave for years. 

He kept it on his desk.

In the past, looking at the details of the three-way picture never really occurred to me.

Now that my "forever love" has been gone from earth for three years, looking at anything that was his brings me great comfort.

He was very devoted to the Mother of God.

Our Lady always brings me contentment, hope, and peace. 

She suffered a great deal in life but never lost her immense dedication, faith, and love for her Son.

Now the symbolic picture of Mary brings peace and sweet memories.

DO YOU HAVE SYMBOLS THAT ARE ESPECIALLY MEANINGFUL TO YOU?



3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This is so beautiful, Susan, and I think it's very special that your husband had it on his desk for many years. There is much detail in the wood, and I mentioned to you before that I have one similar that opens up to two lovely paintings. It means a lot to me, and will keep it forever. It's so nice that you are close to Mother Mary, Susan. And I love your peaceful Sunday posts.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I have a Virgin Mary statue that my daughter brought me from Germany that is lovely. I am also close to Mary as she has interceded for me many times in my life.

Terra said...

I have a cement statue of the Virgin Mary in my garden who brings me peace and comfort. I also have a wooden cross in my living room which was handmade by veterans and it has stars and stripes on it, One Nation Under God.

Related Posts with Thumbnails