Sunday, March 17, 2024

Happy St. Patty's Day

Top of the mornin' to you (as well as the afternoon and night). 

Today many people celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

St. Patrick has won a place in many hearts throughout the world.

Most Irish men and women love to remember him and celebrate on this special holiday.

Because there is nary a drop of Irish blood in my family of origin, the only way we ever celebrated was by wearing something green on this day.

However, I have known and love many people with Irish roots so I like to  celebrate them!

This year, for the first time in my life, I am serving an Irish lunch----corned beef, boiled cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. (Hope it all comes out well.)

So, to everyone, whether Irish or not, have a WONDERFUL day!



2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

The corned beef and potatoes and carrots sound delicious, Susan. And someone mentioned leftover corned beef sandwiches, which sound really good too. Love your three lit candles. They look so cozy on your table. My kids are all part Irish on their dad's side.

Happy St. Patty's Day, dear friend. I hope your Irish lunch turns out just the way you want. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Top of the morning to you Susan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails