This is one of the best ever times of year to get fresh ingredients for delicious, healthy salads.
The one shown at the top of this post is a sweet potato salad.
It's a recipe I never dreamed of making but it is truly delicious.
To cooked chunks of sweet potatoes, add olive oil, lemon juice, chopped fresh green onions, mint, and parsley.
Add a tiny tad of allspice, cinnamon, salt and pepper, too.
This is a salad popular in Lebanese culinary circles.
The other salad is another one made the other night.
The very fresh, washed, newly clipped and washed lettuce came from the grower in a tied plastic bag.
The fresh greens tasted sooooo delicious.
I added pickled beet slices, croutons, feta and parmesan cheeses, chopped green onions, and dipped everything into chunky blue cheese dressing. Divine!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SALAD TO MAKE? CAN YOU SHARE IT WITH US?




4 comments:
Sliced cucumber, red onion, cilantro, garlic. Dressing is about a third cup of tahini, juice of half large lemon, seasoning salt like Lawry's brand, dash of cumin and pepper. Whisk adding water until the consistency of thick cream and mix into salad. Like your salad, this is popular in Lebanon as well as the Gulf Arab countries.
Your salads look so yummy!! I love fresh salads most any time, but they sure make for a wonderful meal during the summer. I like a good strawberry salad spinach and feta cheese. OH....and roasted pecans. And my favorite dressing for this salad is strawberry, poppyseed dressing. I am eating out with friends today at LONGHORN, and this is what I am planning on having. I'm already excited about it. enjoy a wonderful Friday Susan..
I love fresh salads and Trader Joe's has delicious ones if you ever go there. I like vinegar and oil on my salads for my dressing. My favorite salad is a Greek Mediterranean one. I love potato salad too but that is not as healthy. Enjoy your sweet potato one which is quite new to me.
Excellent! And this spring we've been eating a lot of lettuce, radicchio, endive and spring onions from our little garden. I make a salad with a honey, oil and apple cider vinegar dressing, and sometimes I add raisins, dried apricots and cranberries.
Post a Comment