Monday, August 24, 2026

Just Buzzin' By...

To get some sun last weekend, it was a delight to go to my daughter and son-in-law's backyard.

They have done a stellar job of planting hundreds of flowers, bushes, and so on in the years since purchasing their house.

After spending a half hour in the hot sunshine, I pulled out my trusty cell phone to get some photos of some of the flowers to show you.


A friendly bee must have wanted her photo taken because she landed right on the flower being photographed. Joy!

That was an extra perk on a lovely, still summer afternoon.

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Pretty pictures of the yellow flowers, Susan. And the one with the bee is an extra surprise. These look like black-eyes susans? So nice that your daughter has so many flowers and bushes at her house. It must take some time watering during the day. Have a blessed week, dear Susan. And I loved hearing about all the childhood toys and dolls you played with. Thanks for sharing that. I remember your Tiny Tears doll.

Anonymous said...

Neat photos. That bee was friendly and docile because he was working solo that day. I've got lots of sweet alyssum and hoards of them, can't get close to weed and tidy up until they leave late in the day. Me and the cats learned the hard way about angry swarming!

Stara vrtlarica said...

Beautiful flowers! I'm glad to hear that younger people, and not just us grandmas, are landscaping their gardens and planting flowers and shrubs and trees and growing vegetables, and not just having green, mowed grass around their houses.

Linda O'Connell said...

That bee was a welcome sight!

diane stetson said...

Lovely flowers and different colors. So glad you had the opportunity to see them . I love the black eyed Susans.

Related Posts with Thumbnails