Friday, August 20, 2010

For Cindy's Show and Tell Friday: Roses, Real and Painted, Bring A Touch of Class


Roses have magnetic appeal.

They are elegant and regal flowers. Songs have been written about them in a positive way: "Everything's coming up roses," "The Yellow Rose of Texas,"  and so on.

While I love all kinds of different art,  paintings of roses have a special draw.  Shown here, three framed paintings of roses decorate the top of a bookcase in a home office. The paintings are not terribly large yet add a nice touch to the decor.

A sister who is a talented one-stroke artist painted this delicate pink rose:















Framed in gold, roses look even more gorgeous.


There's a supermarket nearby that often has specials on live roses. One can buy two bunches for $12.  That sounds like a lot but it's important to surround one's self with beauty.

Whenever the roses on special are purchased,  they are shared with someone else. This week, a bouquet  went to an aunt who just had surgery.






The other bouquet is in a Victorian cut glass vase and rests in the middle of the kitchen table.




 Whenever I glance in their direction, their incredible beauty makes me smile.  Feeling one's heart fill with rapture, peace, and love is worth a lot more than $12, don't you think?

Now, go on over to Cindy's enchanting blog, My Romantic Home, http://romantichome.blogspot.com/      to see some of the other entries for Show and Tell Friday. Her blog button is in the sidebar to the right. Click on it and, just like a magic carpet, it will take you to Cindy's blog!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLORED ROSE?

14 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely! You've shown your sister's work before and I find it amazing. The fresh roses are absolutely gorgeous! Have a fabulous Friday! :) Tammy

Terri Tiffany said...

I love red roses of course and then pink. Your pictures are amazing as always!

Rebecca said...

Your pictures are beautiful (I have a small collection of framed roses, also.)

I have never heard such a good price on cut roses! For that amount, I'm sure I'd have them in the house more often - AND would want to share them as you do!

Those are just precious arrangements, Susan.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Roses are some of my favorite flowers and you have some gorgeous pictures.

diane stetson said...

There is nothing like the fresh SMELL of roses. Not only do you like to look at roses but I know you love rose scents on body lotion, bubble bath, perfumes etc. I'd love a painting like the pink rose by that talented sister!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What beauties! Roses are still my favorite cut flower, and there's no duplication of the smell.

Claus said...

I like white roses. They seem so pure. Then again, and liking all colors, I actually think every color rose is beautiful! The company I work for once was a rose producer, and exported them to the US. I was the General Manager's secretary back then, and got myself many bunches of the most gorgeous, most delicate and scented roses. The cream/yellow-ish ones with the red edge you have in your vases, for instance, were called "labios de mujer" = women's lips. No more roses farm anymore, unfortunately. It stopped being a business, and the company closed :-(
Roses are indeed beautiful!
thanks for sharing!
have a great weekend.

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmm... I love the second print - so Victorian!

Enjoy the beauty!
Leann

Susan said...

I love the victorian print. It is so beautiful!!

Donna said...

Your paintings are wonderful! What a talented sister you have! Love the frames, too. And I can almost smell your rose bouquets! Thanks so much for visiting :)

Dianne said...

Lovely and romantic paintings and absolutely gorgeous roses...

Anonymous said...

I love the way roses grow profusely in the summer. Susan, you are a great photographer. Barbara

Chatty Crone said...

I don't think there is any flower prettier than a rose.

sandie

awal.ny said...

I love the rose pictures but the real ones are even better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails