Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Decorating Gets Underway; Post for Sunday, November 28




What does it feel like to run a marathon?

How do one's muscles respond? Does the whole body ache, from top to bottom?

To be perfectly honest, I have never run a marathon. As a matter of fact, I've never run, period. But does going up two flights of stairs to the attic several dozen times two days in a row count?  How about if one is carrying boxes and boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations?

Yeah, the house is definitely starting to look festive. Things are falling into place and it's about 75 percent done.

Here are a few things that are still unfinished:

Lights have to be put up outside and on the hall bannister.




More (never ending) decorations have to be brought down from the attic and gift bags sorted and stored.








Meanwhile, the aches and pains in my arms, back, and legs will dissipate in a few days and I'll love looking at the house all decked out for Christmas.

Right now, however, that bed with the fluffy down comforter on it looks better than sugarplums dancing in my head! 

The Christmas angel wishes you all a peaceful Sunday!



HOW DO YOU RENEW YOURSELF DURING THE HOLIDAYS WHEN FATIGUE SETS IN?

P.S. By the way, do you see that lovely, festive button with Santa and falling snow on the sidebar of my blog? It is a gift from Mo, writer of Rose Petals from Heaven, an exquisite blog. Mo is truly gifted and has impeccable taste. Check out her blog if you haven't already done so. Just click on the button and it will take you there!  (Thanks, Mo. You are too sweet and generous.)

9 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Decorating can be a chore, but when its done it is so worth the effort. When fatigue sets in I head to bed. The earlier the better. The angel is lovely!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I take a long hot bubble bath, then sit and admire my work! I love the angle, she's beautiful!

Jane said...

Can't wait to see your house when you are finished. And yes, I love that festive button! Too cool!

Jane

Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing the fruit of your decorating hard work! I know the feeling - our ceilings are 10 ft tall so I feel a bit woozy getting up and down - crazy girl has vertigo too :)
But, it's worth it in the end!
God Bless<
Almost forgot - inspiring Gospel music lifts my spirit! And a power nap!
Kathy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have stairs up and down from the basement and yes my legs, back and hips hurt. Still worth it, just have to pace myself. It takes a few days to get it all brought up and I'm still climbing stairs. The hot tub helps each night to ease my tired old bones.

The Old Parsonage said...

I was out on the prof roof this afternoon! Talk about scary, I clung to it for dear life. But at least the upstairs windows look festive:)


Love the angel my friend!

Have fun!
Leann

Adrienne said...

I won't start with decorations until about Dec. 19th (the week before Christmas.) Because the Christmas season lasts until Epiphany (the song Twelve Days of Christmas refers to the 12 days after Christmas - not before) and the tree stays up until then, I would be sick to death of the stuff by then.

We try to stay focused on Advent until Christmas Eve.

diane stetson said...

I'm done with decorating my house and have made out all my Christmas cards...let the season begin!

Claus said...

I too went through huge boxes of Christmas decorations over the weekend. So much!! I worked - and walked, placing them all over the house - from 8 to 6 in the afternoon. What a job! but a good and nice job. One feels so happy when looking at a festive house, don't you think? I'm 90% done, but I still have to hang wreaths, lights outside the house, and make the Nativity scene. Tiny bits, but that make an entire difference. Later on, I will have weekends to rest, watching movies, or attending ballet performances. That's what makes me go and endure the hard work :o)
Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails