Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dreaming of a Little Thatched Cottage

(Drawing from Artist and Writer, Susan Branch's  2010 calendar)


It's almost a tradition in our house that I must have a Susan Branch calendar to start the year off on a good note.

This artist's drawings are joyful. Her spirit, too, attracts happiness like a magnet. I LOVE Susan Branch and all of her cookbooks, stickers, and everything she creates.

For December, 2010's calendar drawing there is a sweet little cottage. In her usual style, Susan added a sweet quote. This time, it was one by Beatrix Potter (of  Tale of  Benjamin Bunny fame).  It reads:

     "With pomp, power and glory the world beckons vainly,
       In chase of such vanities why should I roam?
       While peace and content bless my little thatched cottage
       And warm my own heart with the treasures of home."

Now, does looking at this "little thatched cottage" make you want to downsize?  That's exactly what it makes me want to do.

My last wish of 2010 is that I can still find a Susan Branch calendar for 2011. Hopefully, one can still be ordered through her delightful website.

 By the way, if you haven't checked  it out, do yourself a favor and go to Susan's website. She's such an inspiration. It's almost guaranteed you will love her!

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE AUTHOR/ARTIST? SHARE WITH US WHO SHE/HE IS!

            

19 comments:

Adrienne said...

I've always found Susan Branch's artwork to be charming. You can get your new calendar at Amazon.

I hope your Christmas day was "merry and bright" and full of laughter, joy, and lots of good food.

I'm quite fond of Tasha Tudor.

Linda O'Connell said...

Hi Susan,
I love this little cottage. It reminds me of my granddaughter's new house. We have a small, one level ranch houuse, but I've always wanted a two story house.

Are you familiar with Mary Engelbright? She also does calendars, books and cards; she lives in town.

mo said...

Hi Susan, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! I have so many favorite artists I couldn't just name one. There is so much talent out there. Wonderful post! *hugs* mo

It's Just Dottie said...

I love her work,too .
I had forgotten how much. I really liked the quote . I just ordered her calendar from Amazon .
Have blessed day.
Dottie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think my aunt has some of her books. Each page like an art journal. So beautiful! My 2010 calendar was from Michael's and cost $1. I didn't get one for 2011. Guess I'd better start looking for something around here. Happy Sunday to you. Tammy

Bookie said...

Thanks for that quote, Susan! And you are after my heart with that downsizing...I am alreayd thinking of new year purging!!! But first have waved son and granddog goodbye and now prepareing to take DH to ExpressCare for what we think are Shingles!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

A sweet sweet cottage, sandie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Just visited her site and did enjoy it jut like you said! Hope you find your new year calendar! I just love January (odd, I know). Already begun listing some new goals :)

Sending wishes for a very Happy New Year, Susan!

diane stetson said...

I'm happy in my little abode in So Cal...where there is NO SNOW, NO ICE and NO COLD...ha ha

Erin | Bygone Living said...

I love her calendars, and have been enjoying that adorable image all month :)

Susan Branch said...

You are so sweet, thank you for those kind words. We are in a big snow storm right now, our house looks just like that little painting! Happy New Year to all, I love January too! Susan

Donna said...

Hi Susan! That's just beautiful! I can see why you purchase one of her calenders every year! According to the weathermen (on right now), we're in the 18+ inches of snow area.... brrrr ... Stay warm! ... Donna

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Susan -

Oh, these are so cute! I enjoy Norman Rockwell calendars. My insurance agency gives them out every year. All of the calendars I get are freebies. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR SUSAN,
THE BIBLE IS MY VERY FAVORITE BOOK BUT I MUST SAY I HAVE LOVED SUSAN BRANCH FOR YEARS. I CANNOT REMEMBER THE MAGAZINE NOW BUT EVERY MONTH SHE DID A NEW PAINTING WITH A RECIPE. I HAVE FOLDERS OF THESE BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART AND I TAKE THEM OUT EVER SO OFTEN AND DROOL OVER THEM, AS IF MY OWN PRIVATE CANDY BAR, AND THEN I SAFELY TUCK THEM AWAY AGAIN. SHE IS SO VERY WONDERFUL WITH DETAIL.
I ALSO LIKE MARY ENGELBRIGHT, AND I LOVE THOMAS KINCADE, AND MANY BUT SUSAN TOUCHES MY MEMORIES.
I AM A NEW FOLLOWER
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
I SEE WE BOYH CHERISH THE GRAPHICS OF BEAUTIFUL MO...AWESOME

Anonymous said...

buy soma type medication soma - how to buy somatropin

Anonymous said...

buy valium online online pharmacy valium uk - valium pill high

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online listen to ambien music online free - safe to buy ambien online

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam valium dosage public speaking - buy valium online cheap

Anonymous said...

buy valium online generic valium id - will 10mg valium get me high

Related Posts with Thumbnails