Monday, May 31, 2010

~~~~~Pink Rose Cup for Martha and Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday! Hurray!~~~

In all the flower world,  there are so many thousands of beauties, it's hard to pick a favorite.

But if I had to, pink roses always come out on top.

                                                                                                                                                                       
Now here's an admission: the cup pictured today is used daily for coffee, not tea.  However, it wouldn't be very nice of me to say Coffee Cup Tuesday on Tea Cup Tuesday, would it? Of course not.

It's my favorite utilitarian cup and I've been using it for my morning coffee for eight years! A couple of times it almost slipped out of my hand when I was washing it but it has not fallen and cracked into a thousand pieces.  I'd be sad if it did.










 
Every time I find a new cup for my collection, I contemplate whether to use it for my morning coffee but so far not a single selection can take the place of the pink rose cup.

It was made in England. It just makes me think of being in a flower garden and, of course, those roses are my favorite color.

For a look at more great tea cups, check the blogs of the two sweethearts who host Tea Cup Tuesday,  Martha and Terri, at  http://www.marthasfavorites.com/ and http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/.
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE CUP IN YOUR COLLECTION THAT YOU LOVE MORE THAN ALL THE REST?

15 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is a really pretty tea/coffee cup! I love roses also.

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! A beautiful tea/coffee cup, as always! I don't have a favorite...they're all too pretty to choose one! I forgot it's almost Tuesday already...I'll have to get busy if I'm going to take part in this!! :o

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Because I like lots of tea, I have favorite mugs for everyday use. AND it must be a light color because tea doesn't taste the same in a dark cup. And I use 2 -- one for doctoring & adding the milk, which then gets poured into the 2nd prettier one where it's not the perfect temperature for drinking. (My current favorite is my Paris mug.)

Victorian1885 said...

Lovely post..have a great week!

Wanda

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi :) I'm with you, my favorite is always a Pink Rose :) Your cup is so very lovely.. Happy Teacup Tuesday to you :)

Warmest, Brenda

Donna said...

That's a beautiful tea (coffee!!!!) cup, Susan!! I use a floral oversized one for my morning coffee, but I'm afraid it only came from The Christmas Tree Shop rather than England! haha Not nearly so elegant!
I want to thank you so much for the message for my Dad! I have him on Tuesday's, so he'll be here in about an hour. I will be sure to pass your thanks along! He will be tickled! Thank you!... Donna

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Happy Coffee Cup . . . I mean Teacup Tuesday Susan!
Now that is one charming cup with the perfect roses right down to the dewdrop!!!
Gorgeous and thank you for sharing your treasure!!

Lynn

Denise@alloverroses said...

Wow the roses looked like they were picked fresh from the garden! Amazing!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Susan, I want this tea cup! it's gorgeous and it matches the tea pot and creamer that i have..did you see it the other day on my Watercolour Hydrangea post! come by and have a peek at it if you haven't....esp. the last photo in that post! lol

gorgeous..thanks for sharing!
come by for a spot of tea

ciao bella
happy tuesday!
creative carmelina

Karen Lange said...

These are lovely, and they remind me of my great grandmother. Nice memories, thank you:) Have a good week!

Chatty Crone said...

You have some great tea sets. I love that one - but it makes the tea tastes better! sandie

Susan said...

Ohhhhh, thanks to EACH of you for visiting. So happy to hear from you.

And Claus, Connie, and Sweetpickles and Chocolate, thank you ALL of Following. You are my last three Followers. It's so wonderful to have you come to visit.

Take care, everyone, and come back soon! Sincerely, Susan

Martha's Favorites said...

Wow! That tea cup is stunning! I would use it every day too. I love using beautiful tea cups for coffee. I drink more coffee than hot tea so many of my cups are used only for coffee. But you are right, it does not sound the same to say Coffee Cup Tuesday! Thank you for sharing this beautiful cup with us. Hope to see you next week. Blessings, Martha

Appleshoe said...

Hello Susan- It's taken me almost all week to get through everyone's teacups. Your is lovely. It's amazing how something so small can become such a permanent fixture in our lives. I also have a favorite teacup (allergic to coffee) that I just can't seem to replace. But then again, do we need to? Take care.

Terri said...

wow, I am really behind!
I love your Tea cup even though you use it for coffee. What ever works for you.
It is a beautiful cup with the most gorgeous roses on it. No wonder it is your favorite.
Hugs,
Terri

Related Posts with Thumbnails