Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Decor for the Month of Love


Let me show you how I put together a special holiday living room table vignette.

February, being the month of love, with Valentine's Day on the 14th, I am naturally drawn to hearts,  flowers, and the color, pink. 

On the coffee table that used to be my mother's, I placed a mauve and gold colored cloth my daughter bought for me in Italy. It's lovely and one of my favorite decorations.

























A pink vase came down from a shelf to hold a bouquet of silk, pink and cream colored roses.  It has thin ribbons in pink and green hanging down from it. This bouquet is old and came very close to being tossed in the Goodwill  box but sentimental attachment prevented me from letting it go. (I know, I know. One day I must let things go but not yet. ha!)


Next, my sweet boy and girl sculptures were gently lifted from the mantel. (Read how they were acquired here:   Thursday, May 27, 2010.)























Do you think this a charming vignette for a month of love?




WHAT IS THE NICEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU SO FAR TODAY?

 SHARE IT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION, WILL YOU?

11 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

It's lovely! I was wondering how you would decorate for the holiday.
Yesterday a friend took me to lunch--we talked and talked and it was terrific:)

mo said...

Hi Susan, I adore the Italian cloth! Just breathtaking. You are so lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter. Yes, it is definetly a gorgeous display for love.
*hugs*

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I have the same two lovely statues!

Kathy said...

The nicest thing always happens just before my husband leaves for work - if he's not running late - we hold hands and he prays - for those we love and thanks God for blessing our home. Can't top that!
HUGS<
Kathy

Susan said...

Welcome to Kathy, this blog's 182nd Follower. Welcome, welcome, welcome, Kathy. We will always love having you stop by.

Hope everyone has a super day today, blessed in every way! Love, Susan

diane stetson said...

The mariachi's sang "Noche de Ronda" to me which is one of my very favorite Spanish songs. I loved it.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful vignette! They can say so much to us. The best thing about my day so far is that I'm finally feeling better. hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan! I love the romance...that is alive and well with you!

this is so great! you know i have that same girl bust..and I have never seen her 'boy' mate....he's adorable too! maybe I'll come across one some day..and the two loves will reunite with one another and be happy forever!

ciao bella!

creative carmelina

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Very cute!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

The festive Valentine vignette is lovely. I work with learning disabled children and one of them said I like when you smile at me. I get so overwhelmed with pride for my kids Icould almost cry. So far that was the best part of my day.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the way you dress up your home for ever holiday and I love Valentine's Day! sandie♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails