Sunday, April 17, 2011

Listen to the Silence: A Time for Reflection



Today is Palm Sunday for Christians. 

The long fronds of palms will be distributed at church services throughout America. Many people bend them into crosses, symbolic of the cross on which Jesus Christ died.

We are getting closer to the glorious celebration of Easter, just one week away.

The sorrow of Christ's passion will be re-lived during the coming days, called Holy Week among Christians. It is a time for reflection.

During the weeks leading up to Easter, one is supposed to fast, give things up, and prepare.

It's good to look within and spend some time in silence. None of us do that very often. The world in which we live is usually quite noisy and lives are crammed with busy activities.

If possible, take some time today to be alone, even if for a few fleeting moments.

Stand in the sunshine, (if there is any where you live), and feel its warmth upon your face.

 Listen to nature's sounds around you.

Go deep within to reflect and to savor the precious gift of life as well as to spend time with your Creator.

May your Sunday be filled with peace.

DO YOU TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF?

9 comments:

Annesphamily said...

A very lovely post Susan. Today is a tough day for me. I lost my unborn daughter Rachel 24 years ago today. It was Good Friday. But your post is beautiful.
I saw you at CHatty Crones. Do you share your bread recipe? Sounds so yummy! Hugs to you today and thanks for the beautiful message, Anne

Diann said...

A wonderful post Susan. Today I will be appreciating my wonderful little girl and hubby. We will spend the day enjoying all the things that we so often take for granted in our day to day busy lives. I hope you and your family have a fantastic Palm Sunday!

Unknown said...

Susan, your yard sale treasure is a beautiful compote. I love these kinds of pedestal dishes.

Your share today is just so warm & peaceful. Time with our Lord is daily, quietly, just for me ... we have some awesome chit chats. It is so hard to believe anyone human could endure what He has done for us ... & I apologize to Him for not being able to be more like Him everyday, despite my efforts.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Bookie said...

Thank you, Suan. Beautiful.

diane stetson said...

I'm always by myself. Every evening is a time for reflection with the LORD.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Today was the most beautiful day for Palm Sunday. I was able to spend a little bit of quiet time in nature this afternoon and just listen, listen, listen! Such a nice blog; now following!

Susan said...

Hi My Little Peeps! I want to send out the welcome drums to Roz from 'la bella vita' who is this blog's 216th Follower. Welcome aboard, Roz. Hope you stop by often.

I wish a peaceful night to everyone else. Love, Susan

MeMeSue said...

Thank you Susan.....

Today was a weepy day for me filled with many positive signs and loving arms to hug me.

It was a beautiful day and your post just added to it!

Hugs
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - your right - taking time alone for some reflection is a great thing - do you find you do it better at sometime than others? I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails