Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Touches Add to Room's Decor



Joining Metamorphosis Monday on Susan's blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to go there to check out other home projects. Just click http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.

It does not take a lot of money to make a small room look inviting.

Thrift store and yard sale finds brighten the bathroom shown in this post.

A very small pink rectangular basket, filled with petite books, sits on the counter. Surely you have seen mini books like these at yard sales for as little as 25 cents each. They really do make good readers and take up so little space.





At one estate sale, there was almost nothing affordable except this rather regal looking mirror. It's actually made from plastic and cost $5.99.



A Charles Burton Barber print, purchased for $1, hangs beneath the mirror.  http://writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2010/04/of-children-and-animals.html)





This sweet lacy heart with tiny pink rosebuds, made by my artist sister, decorates another wall.




The ballerina , shown above, ( http://writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2010/01/charm-and-grace.html)  gracefully poses on a gold shelf. Her price tag was $7.99.


WHAT LITTLE DECORATING TOUCHES HAVE YOU USED IN YOUR OWN 'NECESSARY' ROOM?

9 comments:

Susan said...

I love that picture of the little girl.

AnneMarie said...

You are so right, style doesnt have to cost a small fortune. The right thing in just the right place. You have cheered a miserable Monday up with your lovely photos. Have a great week! xx

Unknown said...

Susan,
Just stopping by to say hello and I hope you have a beautiful day today. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me inspirational messages.
Hugs.
Mary

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You room is so sweet. My necessary room is so small there is little to no decorating to be done. Still you have inspired me to maybe look again and find some decorations. hugs, Linda

diane stetson said...

When can you come to visit me and decorate for me? Soon I hope!xo

Karen Lange said...

Lovely! I have used baskets and small prints, pretty hand towels and candles. I even have used small crocks or glass jars for accents. Even a small room can have personality. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Karen
P.S. Thanks for stopping over at Pen and Prosper. Your support is much appreciated!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the picture of that pretty little girl too - and the heart!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have one bathroom with a Middle Eastern theme and the other is filled with everything I didn't know what to do with -- cross-stitchings, gifts from friends, teddy bears with hats, angels ... like I said, everything. I think I have that first little friend book found in your pretty basket. :) Have a great rest of the day. Tammy

Journeyin' Lady... said...

SO true - it doesn't take a lot of money to create a wonderful decor. And you are proof-nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails