Monday, September 17, 2012

Needlepoint Treasure



Needlepoint creations are really beautiful.

They take so much time and effort.

It's amazing that people have the patience to create such pieces of art.



Whenever I find things made in needlepoint, somehow they draw me to them.

This past weekend, one of the most unique events advertised was a "gently used linen" sale in a church.

Proceeds went to a special charity.

Naturally, I wanted to go and check it out and I'm so glad we did.



While the yellow floral comforter set I had in mind wasn't there, the needlepoint pillow shown in this post was!

The tag attached to the pillow read $5.00.  Imagine!  $5.00 for probably hundreds of hours of work.


I am so grateful to whoever made this very lovely piece.

DO YOU LIKE THINGS DONE IN NEEDLEPOINT?

15 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, Susan, this needlepoint pillow is beautiful! I just love it!

Joyful said...

Needlepoint is one of my favourite crafts to look at, esp. anything floral. I've never tried to make one yet but it is on my list of things to do.

Susan said...

I've done needlepoint, but admire it more than like doing it. Our daughter, Erin was actually asked to demo needlepoint when she was just 6 years old--she is very good at it. Love your pieces, XOXO

momto8 said...

I love needle point also...i cannot do it but I appreciate those who do!! that pillow for $5...wow. a treasure..good for you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful pillow! I don't have the skills for needlework but I do appreciate them so much! Hugs, Linda

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a lovely treasure. I adore needlepoint!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Simply lovely! Looks exquisite. Up close you see how nicely it's been done.

You are well blessed with that treasure.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - my mother used to needlepoint and I have some of them - all of them. Let me tell you that each and every stitch was made by love. Someone spends a lot of time on those needle points.

Ruth Kelly said...

Just beautiful! I have three pieces that my grandmother did. Two are wallhangings and the third I took off from an old stool.

Nellie said...

Susan, this pillow is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure! Now you have me motivated to begin to look for some myself!

xo Nellie

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Wow, it's stunning! The price is too!

Dee said...

wOw Only five dollars...stunning!!!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Yes - I'm actually doing counted cross stitched pieces for the weddings next year. My eyes are what they used to be I'll tell you.

Cheers!
Leann

diane.stetson said...

My sister made me a needlepoint poem and it is hanging in my bedroom in a lovely frame..so beautiful.

Tammy said...

That is a very lovely piece. So glad that it went home with someone like you who will cherish it. Have a great day. Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails