Monday, May 13, 2013

The Gift of Peace and Relaxation



Reaching 39 years of marriage is something to celebrate!



 It's encouraging and reassuring to be a testimony to the endurance of marriage.



My hubs and I, like everyone else, have been through some terrific times in our marriage and some difficult ones, as well.

We have come through strong and grateful to have each other to weather the storms of life.

 With that said, our absolute best anniversary gift was from our daughter and son-in-law. 

They gave us an overnight at the West Mountain Inn in Arlington, Vermont. (If you go to the website, you will see a female entertainer and a man playing guitar. WAIT. Information about the rest of the inn will show up soon.)

Because I want to share so many aspects of this lovely inn with you, I'm hoping to do several posts in increments. 

We went during the week before the tourist season and it was delightfully quiet and incredibly peaceful.



I loved the ambiance of this absolutely charming mountain inn, including the bright and perky flowers along the walkway and in the window boxes.


Getting away and having a change of scene is like a much needed escape from reality.  


If you would like to see what was served for dinner and breakfast at this Vermont country inn, stay tuned!

p.s. Just want to note that no compensation of any kind was given for this post on the inn nor do I have any connection except for being a happy former guest!


 WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A GETAWAY?

18 comments:

diane.stetson said...

I am taking a river boat cruise down the Danube to several cities this summer..can't wait.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain, congratulations on 39 years of marriage. I'm glad your long and happy marriage. Life is a journey of problems and happiness. I really like the hotel of your celebration. I would go to a luxury hotel on the coast. I want to walk calmly along the beach. Keep in touch

Linda O'Connell said...

Congratulations. As soon as I saw the inn I thought it was your home and then my next thought was, "Well no wonder Susan has so many beautiful collections. Look how huge her home is." Ha ha!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy anniversary, dear friend! A most beautiful Inn!

BECKY said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan! I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts about having an enduring marriage. I, too, like Linda, thought that gorgeous, huge white house, was YOURS! But, I've learned, too, that smaller is much better! At least for me! LOL Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. I would LOVE to stay somewhere like this....

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary dear friend! Thirty-nine years is a wonderful milestone of dedication to one another. The gift from your daughter is so sweet and personal. I can tell you had a wonderful time from the beautiful photos and the glorious weather, XOXO

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! I agree - the flower boxes are beautiful here. I look forward to more pictures. I ♥ Inns and B&Bs.....

Suzan said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Looks like you selected a lovely place to enjoy!!

Glenda said...

Congratulations on that wonderful anniversary! This looks like a lovely place to relax and let the world go by without disturbing you, although reality has to come eventually. We live very near the Great Smoky Mountains in TN, and I would love to rent a cabin in the mountains for a couple of days, just to enjoy the scenery! It's beautiful at all seasons here, so there is no rush for a particular date! Our children are planning to treat us to a Caribbean cruise next spring to observe our 45th anniversary, and I am looking forward to that a LOT! We've never been on such a cruise, and I'm sure we'll enjoy it!

Nellie said...

Congratulations on that anniversary, Susan!

Where would I like to go? Well, you are making that inn sound mighty appealing!:-) Actually, one visit to Martha's Vineyard convinced me that it was somewhere I would like to return, so that would be at the top of my list.

We celebrate 44 years in August.

Decadent Housewife said...

That's an amazing achievement. Congratulations! (You've got ten years on us.)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful place! We love to go to the mountains every Spring for a little getaway!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Susan - happy anniversary to you and your hubs. Congrats. That place was prettier then the brochure - you ought to do theirs for them. lol The long shot view of the inn and those flowers. Bet you had a wonderful time.

sandie

La Tea Dah said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful place! It exudes charm! I'm so glad you were able to go there and I look forward to your future posts! Happy Anniversary!

LaDonna
Gracious Hospitality

Bookie said...

How nice for you! I have been in Arlington once so I can picture the area. I remember a lovely covered bridge near town.

marianne said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan. 39 years is wonderful. Isn't it great to have a soulmate to share life's ups and downs with? My husband and I just celebrated 44 years. What a wonderful journey it has been.

The inn looked so inviting. Springtime in Vermont; very romantic.

My next trip will be to Boston for an architectural tour of the city. My son is treating me to this. Can't wait. I will stay at a wonderful B&B that is 2 blocks from where he lives. The place is a beautiful victorian house that was built in 1865. We have stayed there before and so enjoyed it.

Happy Anniversary to you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats on your anniversary! What a beautiful place to spend time! I would love to go back to Jekyll Island again for some relaxation! Sweet hugs!

Barbara Neubeck said...

...Hi Susan ... Happy Anniversary....the Inn is beautiful....Staying somewhere like this is special...... what will you do for your 40th?????... something extra special.....
Hugs
Barb xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails