Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Getting Ready for Tom Turkey


The day before Thanksgiving is probably going to be very busy for most of us!

There's so much to do that one just has to take deep breaths and keep checking things off the long "to do" list.

I'll be in the kitchen a good part of today, toasting bread, chopping things, storing things in plastic containers in the fridgie until tomorrow, and so on.

Then, of course, there's the table to set, rugs to be vacuumed, and on and on.

In the midst of all the hubbub and brain-spinning activity, it's good to stop, even for a moment.


 Then I close my eyes and think of all there is to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

It's enough to make me cry.  Truly, we are immensely blessed in so many ways.


You, dear reader, are among the reasons my heart is filled with gratitude.

You make writing a post every day an act of joy, love and enthusiasm! 

I am so grateful for you!

So today, as the "to do" list is conquered, I'm going to be thinking of you.

DO YOU LIKE TURKEY?

10 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I really enjoy turkey! I enjoy this holiday so much because it seems about family and friends and of course being thankful for all our blessings!

diane.stetson said...

I'm thankful for all my blessing on this Thanksgiving even though I'm very busy preparing for company and family members. I take time out to relax when I'm feeling really tired. A quick time out is necessary at my age!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the turkey is a rich food. I also give thanks for knowing your blog. You're always a very loving person and teach me the importance of being happy. Happy Thanksgiving day. Keep in touch

Unknown said...

What a nice post, we do have so much to be thankful for don't we?! Enjoy your day

Linda O'Connell said...

Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I love turkey! This Thanksgiving we will also be celebrating my daughter-in-law's grandmother's
95th birthday. She's one of the most wonderful, joyful people I know. The next day is my youngest son's 39th birthday, the following Friday my oldest son's 47th birthday. Busy, busy! But I love it.

marianne said...

I do love a good turkey dinner especially with the unique "oatmeal" stuffing that was passed down from my husband's Scottish ancestors; so yummy!

We do have so much to be grateful for and this holiday is wonderful at making us aware of that fact. Having family members around the Thanksgiving table can't be beat.

Enjoy your busy pre-Thanksgiving day!

Bookie said...

Susan, hope this Eastern storm does not hamper the holiday for you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lady Linda said...

Oh Susan, you have become one of my favorite blogger friends...I am thankful for you! Your post put tears in my eyes.
I LOVE TURKEY!
We are going out again as it's easier for my SIL with his wheelchair. He has a difficult time in our small house and my daughter's house doesn't work either...bathrooms mostly. I miss the prep and the smells and the leftovers. We are going to their house in Seattle for Christmas and making a big family dinner all together then. You do what you have to do!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Susan, I'm thinking of you too and thankful for another "miniature" friend to share all the cute stuff! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Gina

Related Posts with Thumbnails