Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Yummy Salads at Birthday Bash

                            (Raspberry salad with glazed pecans, feta cheese and raspberry dressing.)

My two sweet nieces gave their mom, my sister, a special, memorable birthday bash this past weekend.

I already wrote about some of it on Saturday, July 5.

While it's such a precious gift to celebrate with loved ones, it can also mean calorie overload.

However, my nieces had delicious, lovely salads that one could indulge in without feeling terribly guilty.


                                       (Mozzarella cheese slices with tomatoes, chopped basil and olive oil.)

                                                                                      (Good ol' standby, potato salad!)

The lovely home of one of my nieces, where the party was held, has many special vignettes that are so pleasing to look at.



 She has a master's interior decorating touch!





WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SALADS?

11 comments:

Musings, Tea, and Me said...

Yum! Susan, your party looked fabulous...I enjoy trying new salads but one of my old standbys is Asian Coleslaw....think I'll write a blog on that one of these days.

Bookie said...

I wish I could sit down to that rasphberry salad with you!!! Couldn't we talk and eat!!!! I am going to send you a salad recipe right now while I think of it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Susan, I love salads and in the summer they are the best! Chicken salad is a big time favorite and also a good pasta salad makes me happy!
hugs!!

marianne said...

I do love a good potato salad, but oh my! the calories. I did make one for the 4th and had the leftovers for breakfast and lunch the next day....and then supper the following day. Got to stop eating potato salad!!!!

The salads at the birthday party all looked wonderful and I'm sure everyone appreciated the lower calorie ones.

diane.stetson said...

Yes, I'm with Marianne...I just love potato salad in the summertime. I just went to a luncheon with several salads..the kale one was great, the spinach one too, the coleslaw very good but the best was MY potato salad...I had leftovers which I ate myself too. I have to exercise doubly this week.

SImple and Serene Living said...

You, that first salad looks delicious. xo Laura

Chatty Crone said...

Those salads look wonderful. My favorite has strawberries in it and sweet pecans! lol

krishna said...

lovely blog... very lovely post

http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Merlesworld said...

They do look good but much too cold for salads here.
Merle...........

Linda O'Connell said...

I enjoy broccoli salad with bacon, nuts and Craisins.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful décor and good looking salads. I love carrot/pineapple/raisin salad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails